“Had a Yummy Burger”

Currant American Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Currant American Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #277 of 4,853 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: First and Front Street
Description: Currant, open for lunch, dinner and brunch (Saturdays & Sundays) blends New American cuisine by Chef Walter Manikowski with French flare. Currant offers fantastic ambience and decor including an outdoor dining patio. Currant Lounge is the perfect spot to unwind, sip and watch your favorite sporting event. We are also pet friendly, enjoy a meal on out patio with your pooch. We have doggy menus too!
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Just had it for lunch while at the hotel. Sad that I didn't get to stay for dinner! The menu looked good and the drinks looked good.
Sad also that they didn't seem to have breakfast except on weekends -- but I could be wrong.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I went in for lunch and sat at the bar, I had the burger and thyme fries and the burger was fresh, juicy, and delicious. The fries were good too but I'm not sure if the thyme made any difference. I returned for dinner and had the stuffed chicken breast with potatoes, it was mouthwatering good and I also enjoyed my happy hour cosmo. I also tried the gooey butterscotch rum cake with ice cream, it was a perfect little portion and a unique dessert if you have a sweet tooth. The prices are a little high for what you get but everything tasted great and the atmosphere is upscale, warm, and comfortable. Service was very friendly and fast.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Great value for great seafood (try the Amp Sampler) or for Italian lovers the canneloni lived up to the waiter's recommendation!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We always seem to fall into Currant at odd times when we visit San Diego--for a late afternoon snack/wine, an off-hour lunch or brunch.....and we've always been treated beautifully. Servers are friendly and the food is very good. Absolutely my husband's favorite place in San Diego. The menu is eclectic enough to give a choice no matter what one's taste yearnings might be on that particular day. Next time we're in San Diego we'll definitely aim to have dinner there.

1  Thank JBGall
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Had a drink here last night and was so glad to see my favorite bartender, Alex. He knows how to make the best Manhattans ever and has a great friendly attitude.