Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Book In Advance

Start Date
End Date
Tours from Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11 tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $95.00
from $79.00
from $172.84
More Info
All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos friendly crew great boat great afternoon bucket list unique experience once in a lifetime highlight of our trip three hours shelter island coronado bridge helm
Reviewed October 5, 2010

A high-speed, open-water racer of a ride you'll never forget! The crew was fantastic; professional but very friendly, allowing passengers to do as much or as little as desired. Captain Lynn makes sure everyone gets to take the helm and offers tatical guidance plus information about the wealth of interesting sights (not to mention some "insider info" on the sailing community). Even grinding the winches was fun, and our teenagers not only got into it but enjoyed talking about sailing with the crew. No better way to see SD than from the water and this is the way to do it. Cannot say enough about the super crew and their friendly ways. What a thrill!

3  Thank COLOtraveler_9
Reviewed October 2, 2010

The America's Cup boat 'Stars and Stripes' that Dennis Connors used in his 1993(?) America's Cup campaign is like a thoroughbred horse waiting to run. The crew that run this boat know how to get the most out her. As a sailor myself, it is very exciting to watch the crew tune the boat to get the maximum performance and speed out of the wind in San Diego harbor. We hit 11 knots with my daughter at the helm, everyone gets to drive this boat, and we were passing power boats. What a thrill. This was the most enjoyable summer afternoon I had this past summer. If you like the water, sailing, boats, or a good time, you should spend an afternoon on Sail USA-11.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

Spectacular views of San Diego, fast sailing, incredible weather (the day we went) and a very nice crew made for a wonderful 3 hour trip. The captain accidentally ran the boat aground when we were coming back in by getting too near the Navy's dolphin training center during low tide. Whoops! The Navy security guy got MAD when I took a picture, and was surprisingly unhelpful to the captain. We were "rescued" by two nice ladies is pink, and I'm not sure what happened to the boat!

This great trip could have been even better if they provided a bit more sailing 101, America's Cup history, and gave some more biographical info about the crew

We'd highly recommend spending your money on this.

Reviewed September 24, 2010

I have never sailed before, and that was not a problem! I went with my family and we had so much fun! The crew was so nice, and I got to be involved with the work which was awesome! You definitely won't regret it!

Reviewed September 22, 2010

This was a great experience for us as first time sailors. The marina was easy to find, the captain and crew were very attentive, the yacht was in pristine condition. We had a nice long sail around the bay and out into the open water, seeing many interesting sights on land and other boaters enjoying the water. I would recommend wearing a hat, sunscreen, and having a light jacket along. Taking the helm and participating in adjusting the sails is fun but not required. Crew member Marnie was particularly informative about the sailing culture, we enjoyed our time with them all very much and hope to do it again!