Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11 tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $27.00
from $88.99
from $40.00
More Info
All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos friendly crew great boat bucket list unique experience highlight of our trip three hours shelter island coronado bridge sea lions helm knots
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I took my girlfriend on this after reading reviews from Tripadvisor. It the highlight of our trip! The boat is just amazing. I have never been on sailboat before in my life, so I didn't know what to expect. Also I usually get sea sick on boats and was a little worried but I didn't feel a thing on this boat. My girlfriend and I are very active and were excited to help on the boat, we were put to work in no time. We were using the cranks to move the sails and even got to drive the boat. You can be involved as much as you like. Some folks liked to sit while a few others were really involved like us. The volunteer crew was very nice and friendly and explained how the boat worked. The bay had a nice wind and it was great to see the beautiful harbor on this amazing vessel. I can't wait to do this again! I am already making plans to come back.
If you want to do something unique and fun that you will be talking about for a long time, this is it! This is a wonderful company with great people. The cost was $100/person and worth every penny.

1  Thank Phxnative
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Sailing with thie crew of the Sail USA is great way to spend the day. Crew is great!
Friendly and experienced. They know thier way around a boat and will teach you all about sailing. It was great fun to participate in the sail or chill on the deck when you wanted too. Sails Manager Marnie Buddo is super friendly and helpful on and off the boat. These guys are the best!
I'd highly recommend this trip. Don't miss it! :)

Reviewed June 19, 2010

My sweetheart and I had a wonderful afternoon sailing on the USA-11. It was an amazing experience to be on this sailing/racing yacht - first time for us on anything like it. We sailed pretty fast at times, but we always felt safe. Those of us who wanted to do so got to help put up the sails and even steer (the captain was at the helm too). It was amazing to feel how the sails caught the wind and propelled us forward. When we would turn it was quite interesting to see the coordination of the crew in handling the sails and rigging and we could help with that too if we wanted. It was just a great time out on the bay. The captain and crew were very nice and friendly and made sure we were comfortable. We will definitely be doing this again!

Reviewed June 15, 2010

Sailing with the friendly crew was an outstanding experience. the boat is pristine and catching the winds on the sails is an an awesome sight. The crew , along with its volunteers warmly welcomes everyone and gives all passengers an opportunity to assist in the sailing, which is pretty thrilling. Would definitely say this is a must do event for anyone in the San Diego area and we plan to do this everytime we come to the area!
For anyone who may worry that they may get seasick, this boat just glides on the water-it truly is glorious!

Reviewed June 15, 2010

Outstanding experience that'll create lifelong memories! Interact with a knowledgeable experienced staff that have a great sense of humor. Can either relax and observe or have spend an abundance of time with hands on experience grinding (raising the sails) or steering this impressive sail boat. This large boat is unexpectedly and impressively responsive. Many photo opportunities. The kind staff are enthusiastic about helping take photos from beautiful and creative angles. Have already suggested this trip to friends and relatives. A definite must do!