“A unique way to spend an afternoon on San Diego Bay.”

Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11
Book In Advance
More Info
$125.00*
and up
Sail Stars and Stripes America's Cup Racing Yacht
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Public and private 3 hour sails aboard Stars & Stripes USA-11, the authentic 1992 America's Cup racing yacht sailed by Dennis Conner. Take the helm, grind the winches, or just hang on as this amazing high performance racer zips around San Diego Bay at twice the speed of the average sailboat. A truly unique and memorable experience. Soft drinks, water, peanuts, & pretzels are provided at no cost. You are welcome to bring your own camera, but a crew member will be taking complimentary photos & videos of all the action on board as well as the sights of San Diego Bay. After the sail, complimentary refreshments are served while viewing the days activities on our flat screen TV. The photos & videos will then be posted on Google Web Albums for free access and use. The total cost (no additional taxes or fees) of $125 for adults & $75 for children (5-18) is the best value and most exciting venue on San Diego Bay.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 13, 2010

My mom was visiting and we wanted to do something fun and different. the people we met aboard SAIL USA-11 were so friendly and helpful. We even took turn steering the boat! I photograph groups and families having Unique Photo Adventures and I will definitely recommend this to my clients and friends.

All reviews
in 136 reviews
"knots"
in 54 reviews

Reviewed June 12, 2010

My first time sailing, and it was amazing. Reading about sailing or watching it on TV is nothing like being there. The energy of the wind, the sails, and the water plus the friendliness of the crew made the $100 cost worth it. It was 2.5 hours of fun in the sun on one of the most beautiful bays in the nation with outstanding views of landmarks, attractions, and other points of interest.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

This was one of the best birthday presents I've ever had ... I can wait for the next chance to go sailing with these guys and gal.

Having spent several years living in not far from Newport RI, I was well aware of the prestige of America's Cup racing. It was the fulfillment of a life long dream to be able sail on an AC boat and then the real bonus, to be at the wheel of an AC boat, truly remarkable.

SAILUSA11 is an awesome boat with an enthusiastic, fun & knowledgeable crew. I would recommend SailUSA11 to anybody who is interested or will even listen.

Reviewed May 30, 2010

Had a great time back in May with my wife! Sailing on beautiful San Diego bay at the controls of the boat was amazing! Highly recommend!