Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11 tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $60.00
from $79.00
from $125.00
More Info
All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos friendly crew great boat bucket list unique experience highlight of our trip three hours shelter island coronado bridge helm knots grinding
Reviewed June 9, 2010

This was one of the best birthday presents I've ever had ... I can wait for the next chance to go sailing with these guys and gal.

Having spent several years living in not far from Newport RI, I was well aware of the prestige of America's Cup racing. It was the fulfillment of a life long dream to be able sail on an AC boat and then the real bonus, to be at the wheel of an AC boat, truly remarkable.

SAILUSA11 is an awesome boat with an enthusiastic, fun & knowledgeable crew. I would recommend SailUSA11 to anybody who is interested or will even listen.

Reviewed May 30, 2010

Had a great time back in May with my wife! Sailing on beautiful San Diego bay at the controls of the boat was amazing! Highly recommend!

Reviewed May 30, 2010

My wife and I went on sailing trip for an afternoon while in San Diego. Neither of us were experienced sailors, but the crew had us raising the sails, grinding, and even taking a shift at the helm. Saw dolphins and sea lions as well as great views of San Diego. I would highly reccomend this to anyone interested in spending some time on the water while in San Diego.

Reviewed May 27, 2010

Awsome! Captain Lynn, Marnie and the Crew were fun, informative and nice. You can help out and/or sit back, relax and enjoy the numerous sites. Everyone got to steer this beautiful America's Cup IACC racing yacht. Stars & Stripes is incredible, clean and FAST-added enjoyment of the boom being high enough so you don't have to watch your head on every tack and jibe. Amazing how this sailboat would over take other fast (I thought) sail boats like they were standing still. Great views of San Diego. Best sailboat experience in San Diego and beyond and no sailing experience is necessary. Highlight of our trip and my wife, daughter and I definately want to go again when back in San Diego. Well worth the money.

Reviewed May 20, 2010

I planned a trip online for my boss, co-workers and myself (7 of us) using only the website and a few emailed questions back and forth. You can only imagine the stress that the unknown has when planning a type of excursion such as this.
All of my concerns were for nothing!!! EVERYONE had a wonderful time and has thanked me continuously since our trip.
As a matter of fact, my boss enjoyed it so much that he recommended to our SVP that our company from 5 different markets do this as a team building event next year as part of our DM Conference.
The staff is courteous and the tour of San Diego is incredible!! I am looking forward to next year with great anticipation!!!