Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Sail Stars & Stripes
from $125.00
More Info
1,069 results
All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos volunteer crew entire crew friendly crew great afternoon bucket list spend an afternoon awesome experience helm boat grinding winch
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2010

My family (4.5 yrs old son, my wife and myself) really enjoyed the experience. It was windy/chlly which made sailing more fun. Numeous tacking and jibing made us busy to balance ourselves. We didn't find any whales, but we were lucky enough to sail under Coronado bridge. It's by no means a fancy cruiser with Champagne. Constant 11knots cruising with beatiful landscpe made it worth.

1  Thank nabi2010
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Wonderful trip! We sailed last month and enjoyed every minute of it! The peacefulness of being on the bay and feeling the wind in your hair is unmatched. Everyone had a turn steering the boat. My husband had a great time turning the cranks as the boat changed course. I tried to turn with him but he was too fast for me! There were two birthdays on our trip. One woman even made cupcakes for everyone. Nice!

Boat was very clean and the crew was helpful and friendly. There were sodas/water and snacks provided. I can't wait to go back next time we are in San Diego. This was definitely the highlight of our trip! Great way to spend an afternoon. Worth every penny!

Reviewed May 7, 2010

Arrived at the dock to find the crew waiting and ready to go. A friendly, knowledgeable and active crew they were. After a quick briefing dockside we were quickly motoring out of the marina. The crew had the truly enormous sails up in short order and we cruised all the way out to the mouth of the harbor with a dolphin escort! Here is where the difference between this and an ordinary day cruise became apparent. As we prepared to for our first tack everyone was briefed on how to man the various stations. There is nothing automatic about a race boat .... everybody needs to lend a hand! You will enjoy passimg everybody in the harbor if the wind is good. Sights to be seen close up: Point Loma, several of our Pacific Fleet carriers, submarine pens, downtown San Diego, the Coronado Bridge, and Dolphins!!!! You will enjoy this.

Reviewed May 7, 2010

Some of the best sailing I've experienced in my very inexperienced career of sailing. It is defintely one of the 'must do' things when you visit San Diego.

Reviewed May 4, 2010

My husband, a sailor, was in Heaven experiencing a dream come true. The rest of our party had an absolutely fantastic sail. Everyone visiting San Diego should do this straight off to really get a feel for the importance of this great harbor and view the skyline from the water. Lynn and his crew of volunteers were professional and great teachers for us landlubbers who jumped in to help crew the boat.