Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Sail Stars & Stripes
from $125.00
More Info
1,069 results
All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos volunteer crew entire crew friendly crew great afternoon bucket list spend an afternoon awesome experience helm boat grinding winch
Selected filters
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Sailing on the Stars & Stripes is the most amazing feeling in the world!!! The boat is immaculate, the staff is friendly and engaging, and everyone on board gets to help out (if they want). I would recommend sailing with Sail USA-11 to anyone, whether you're a beginner or experienced sailor. Everyone feels welcome on this boat! This is the perfect trip to experience both the beauty of sailing and of San Diego.

Reviewed March 24, 2010

What an incredible adventure it was to sail on the USA-11. The yacht that brought the cup back.
The crew was top notch and Captain Lynn is a true gentleman and exceptional sailor. The yacht is maintained by the owners who take outstanding care of the vessel. The views from the deck are amazing! Everyone should see San Diego from the bay, it isbreath taking.
This is a must see while in San diego.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

Our day on Stars & Stripes 11 was one of the best. Every one of the people we dealt with before coming to San Diego were very courteous and accommodating and worked hard to make sure we were able to include this experience during our time in SD. The day we sailed was picture perfect (I'm sure they arranged that as well.) and everyone aboard thoroughly enjoyed themselves and plan to return. Thank you Sail 11. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

My wife and I sailed on March 19 and we had a terrfic experience. The crew, staff and boat are top rate. They made us feel comfortable and at ease.We strongly recommend Sail 11 and will do it again when we return to San Diego. Bob and Wendy Reardon, Richmond, Va.

Reviewed March 17, 2010

I sailed with Captain Lynn Hanna, one of the owners, and crew on 3/14/10 on a wonderful sunny and breezy day. I had been looking forward to sailing an Americas Cup yacht and I was not dissappointed. The crew was very friendly and clearly enjoyed sailing as much as we did. They made sure everyone had a chance at the helm and we tacked and jibed across the bay, sailing within 100' of the USS Midway aircraft carrier and the pier where the competitions boats were both tied up. Their loss as we had good winds and reached over 13.5 Knots with both mainsail and foresail up. I was able to take the helm for about 15 minutes and was at liberty to get a true feel for the boat. We also got to grind and set the sails. The entiire experience was fantastic, even if you are not a big Americas Cup follower. The boat was excellently maintained and was just repainted.

This is the best money you can spend on an attraction in San Diego in my opinion. Count me in again on my next visit to San Diego.

The crew were all avid if not professional sailers, very frienfdly and truly understand what it takes to ensure a good experiance for all the passengers. They took my camera and took photos of us as we took the helm or worked the grinders.

Thanks again to the captain and crew. Two thumbs up!