“Beyond Expectations”

and up
Sail Stars and Stripes America's Cup Racing Yacht
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Public and private 3 hour sails aboard Stars & Stripes USA-11, the authentic 1992 America's Cup racing yacht sailed by Dennis Conner. Take the helm, grind the winches, or just hang on as this amazing high performance racer zips around San Diego Bay at twice the speed of the average sailboat. A truly unique and memorable experience. Soft drinks, water, peanuts, & pretzels are provided at no cost. You are welcome to bring your own camera, but a crew member will be taking complimentary photos & videos of all the action on board as well as the sights of San Diego Bay. After the sail, complimentary refreshments are served while viewing the days activities on our flat screen TV. The photos & videos will then be posted on Google Web Albums for free access and use. The total cost (no additional taxes or fees) of $125 for adults & $75 for children (5-18) is the best value and most exciting venue on San Diego Bay.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Our day on Stars & Stripes 11 was one of the best. Every one of the people we dealt with before coming to San Diego were very courteous and accommodating and worked hard to make sure we were able to include this experience during our time in SD. The day we sailed was picture perfect (I'm sure they arranged that as well.) and everyone aboard thoroughly enjoyed themselves and plan to return. Thank you Sail 11. Hope to see you again in the future.

All reviews
in 67 reviews
"winch"
in 59 reviews

Reviewed March 21, 2010

My wife and I sailed on March 19 and we had a terrfic experience. The crew, staff and boat are top rate. They made us feel comfortable and at ease.We strongly recommend Sail 11 and will do it again when we return to San Diego. Bob and Wendy Reardon, Richmond, Va.

Reviewed March 20, 2010

I am a local San Diegian and Stars&Stripes USA11 has become my 2.5 hour getaway vacation over the last couple of years. Can you imagine being allowed to steer one of the fastest boats on the bay? Yesterday I had her up to 12 knots!
The crew is always friendly, helpful, professional and goes beyond the call of duty to make sure my time there is the best it can be.
I have had nothing but exceptional and exhilarating experiences under the watchful eye of Captain Lynn Hanna. This is not your typical tourist adventure. Start&Stripes 11 has always been my first choice for sailing on the bay.

Reviewed March 17, 2010

I sailed with Captain Lynn Hanna, one of the owners, and crew on 3/14/10 on a wonderful sunny and breezy day. I had been looking forward to sailing an Americas Cup yacht and I was not dissappointed. The crew was very friendly and clearly enjoyed sailing as much as we did. They made sure everyone had a chance at the helm and we tacked and jibed across the bay, sailing within 100' of the USS Midway aircraft carrier and the pier where the competitions boats were both tied up. Their loss as we had good winds and reached over 13.5 Knots with both mainsail and foresail up. I was able to take the helm for about 15 minutes and was at liberty to get a true feel for the boat. We also got to grind and set the sails. The entiire experience was fantastic, even if you are not a big Americas Cup follower. The boat was excellently maintained and was just repainted.

This is the best money you can spend on an attraction in San Diego in my opinion. Count me in again on my next visit to San Diego.

The crew were all avid if not professional sailers, very frienfdly and truly understand what it takes to ensure a good experiance for all the passengers. They took my camera and took photos of us as we took the helm or worked the grinders.

Thanks again to the captain and crew. Two thumbs up!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 25, 2010

We wanted to do something different when we visited San Diego in early February. What an experience! Even though we have never been on a sailboat, let alone an America's Cup Yacht, we were made to feel so welcome. The owners, captain, and crew were all fantastic and helpful to us novices. The photo opps were many and the wind was strong as we raced across the bay. Everyone who visits San Diego should have this adventure. Check them out. Why go home and tell your friends you went to the zoo or the beach. Tell them you sailed on a genuine America’s Cup Yacht. We guarantee you won't be disappointed!!!!

1  Thank bosoxNewEngland