Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11 tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $94.00
from $102.65
from $21.00
More Info
All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos friendly crew great boat bucket list unique experience highlight of our trip three hours shelter island coronado bridge helm knots grinding
Reviewed January 1, 2018

I took my brothers, niece and her boyfriend on the Stars and Stripes just before Christmas. Everyone thought it was just the best adventure. The history discussion of the America's Cup before the sail was very interesting. The sail was well organized and fun; everyone got to be at the helm. The photos, which are included in the price, were excellent. What a great day!

Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

We had the best time on this sailboat. The crew and weather was amazing. It was fun to steer and “grind” to control the sails. Free snacks and drinks. A must do if you visit San Diego.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

When I told my husband we could sail on Stars and Stripes he was so excited! It was my first time on any kind of sail boat and we both loved this trip. We had a beautiful afternoon for it, and there was a really nice balance between enjoying the bay and experiencing sailing. The crew were wonderful. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Djc005
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

You can sit back or participate. Everyone had a turn or two driving the boat. We had 8 to 12 knots of wind and up to 13 knots boat speed. Fun! The boat is huge and very dry. It is close to original so it is meant to sail and you just sit in the cockpit. The owners, skipper and crew were very nice. They even provided complimentary pictures and videos after the sail. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

The sail was a birthday gift from my son who accompanied me on the outing. I found the captain and crew to be first rate and extremely friendly and knowledgeable, which contributed to making my sailing experience truly outstanding! The weather was perfect and the boat extremely comfortable during the three hour cruise. Everyone associated with the Stars & Stripes organization was very helpful in answering questions and making the ride so enjoyable. Being able to steer the boat was much easier than I expected, and with the captain and crews help a pleasant experience!

Date of experience: November 2017