Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Sail Stars & Stripes
from $125.00
More Info
1,067 results
All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos volunteer crew entire crew friendly crew great afternoon bucket list spend an afternoon awesome experience helm boat grinding winch
Selected filters
Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

We had the best time on this sailboat. The crew and weather was amazing. It was fun to steer and “grind” to control the sails. Free snacks and drinks. A must do if you visit San Diego.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed December 21, 2017

When I told my husband we could sail on Stars and Stripes he was so excited! It was my first time on any kind of sail boat and we both loved this trip. We had a beautiful afternoon for it, and there was a really nice balance between enjoying the bay and experiencing sailing. The crew were wonderful. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Djc005
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

You can sit back or participate. Everyone had a turn or two driving the boat. We had 8 to 12 knots of wind and up to 13 knots boat speed. Fun! The boat is huge and very dry. It is close to original so it is meant to sail and you just sit in the cockpit. The owners, skipper and crew were very nice. They even provided complimentary pictures and videos after the sail. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed November 13, 2017

The sail was a birthday gift from my son who accompanied me on the outing. I found the captain and crew to be first rate and extremely friendly and knowledgeable, which contributed to making my sailing experience truly outstanding! The weather was perfect and the boat extremely comfortable during the three hour cruise. Everyone associated with the Stars & Stripes organization was very helpful in answering questions and making the ride so enjoyable. Being able to steer the boat was much easier than I expected, and with the captain and crews help a pleasant experience!

Reviewed November 11, 2017

Enjoyed being part of the "crew" and experiencing the handling and speed of the boat. Of the many sail boats we have been on this was one of the best. Not only did we enjoy sailing but also the view of the city and harbor including Navy ships .