Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Sail Stars & Stripes
from $125.00
More Info
1,069 results
All reviews america's cup san diego bay grinder captain and crew racing yacht photos and videos great afternoon bucket list spend an afternoon awesome experience lynn helm boat speeding race wheel thrill
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I've been sailing for about 15 years now and never quite had an experience like the one I had with Stars and Stripes. I have never been on a boat that was so big and powerful. Being able to drive was a dream come true! Capt. Lynn was wonderful the whole time and the rest of the crew did a great job making everything run smoothly. I can't wait to get back out with them for another sail. I'm living in San Diego now and I just can't wait to join them again.

Reviewed January 6, 2010

We've all been there: stripped down ex race boats with rags for sails and less than motivated crew. Last one I was on had the first reef bolted in with blocks because the
cringles had gone south.

Not "Stars and Stripes". She's a fully tuned Farr 60 with laminate sails, all running
gear in top shape, even an unusually clean bottom for a tour boat. Best of all, the crew
was really sharp. They were patient with the non sailors and proud to allow experienced
guests a turn at grinding, driving, even jib pit.

As a die hard PHRF racer I enjoyed watching Captain Lynn's mates put the boat through
her paces. As an ASA instructor I appreciated the efforts the crew took to ensure every
guest had a memorable sail.

Grab your sailing gloves and go, you won't regret it.

John Ryan
San Francisco

1  Thank beamreach
Reviewed January 6, 2010

My friend and I flew out to San Diego to visit his daughter over the holiday break. In preparation for this trip I searched for things to do and happened upon this sailing tour. They were extremely responsive during the planning and preparation stages - Lynn was wonderful. On the day of the trip the four of us arrived with a cooler of beverages and snacks that could have lasted a weekend. They never complained - they just smiled and brought everything on board - little did we know that our 3 hrs would be so exciting that we barely made a dent in the cooler. They were extremely accomodating - if you wanted to help - then the opportunities were plentiful but if you weren't comfortable with it you didnt have to and there was no pressure either way.
Everyone on board the boat seemed to have a great time and my party of four loved it! We were fortunate enough to have gotten a slightly overcast day which provided some of the best sailing weather. We would go back in an instant. And if you go make sure to ask for the special hot buttered rum!

Reviewed December 31, 2009

It was a gorgeous (although, chilly!) day in San Diego...and the breeze was just right for an afternoon sail! The staff was extremely professional, and yet their wit and charm led to a very personalized experience. Everyone gets to pitch in and help a bit, including steering the boat...so pay attention to where you are headed! Marnie was a great hostess, with lots of interesting knowledge about the sights surrounding the San Diego Harbor. The boat is beautiful and kept in incredible condition. I will definitely be back again!

Reviewed December 27, 2009

It really is the sail of a lifetime- this is coming from two lifetime sailors from the east coast. Capt Lynn was so incredibly nice from the first inquiry call we made to the time we got back to the marina. What an incredible experience for us and the two non-sailors we brought with us. This should be a must for every visitor to San Diego. The crew on board we fun, funny and very helpful. We will definately make this part of our tradition and tell everyone we know how fun it was!!! On top of that we had some light winds in the harbor and managed to get up to 9.5 knots!!! One word for anyone reading this...GO.