Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Sail Stars & Stripes
from $125.00
More Info
1,069 results
All reviews america's cup san diego bay grinder captain and crew racing yacht photos and videos great afternoon bucket list spend an afternoon awesome experience lynn helm boat speeding race wheel thrill
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2010

My friend and I flew out to San Diego to visit his daughter over the holiday break. In preparation for this trip I searched for things to do and happened upon this sailing tour. They were extremely responsive during the planning and preparation stages - Lynn was wonderful. On the day of the trip the four of us arrived with a cooler of beverages and snacks that could have lasted a weekend. They never complained - they just smiled and brought everything on board - little did we know that our 3 hrs would be so exciting that we barely made a dent in the cooler. They were extremely accomodating - if you wanted to help - then the opportunities were plentiful but if you weren't comfortable with it you didnt have to and there was no pressure either way.
Everyone on board the boat seemed to have a great time and my party of four loved it! We were fortunate enough to have gotten a slightly overcast day which provided some of the best sailing weather. We would go back in an instant. And if you go make sure to ask for the special hot buttered rum!

Reviewed December 31, 2009

It was a gorgeous (although, chilly!) day in San Diego...and the breeze was just right for an afternoon sail! The staff was extremely professional, and yet their wit and charm led to a very personalized experience. Everyone gets to pitch in and help a bit, including steering the boat...so pay attention to where you are headed! Marnie was a great hostess, with lots of interesting knowledge about the sights surrounding the San Diego Harbor. The boat is beautiful and kept in incredible condition. I will definitely be back again!

Reviewed December 27, 2009

It really is the sail of a lifetime- this is coming from two lifetime sailors from the east coast. Capt Lynn was so incredibly nice from the first inquiry call we made to the time we got back to the marina. What an incredible experience for us and the two non-sailors we brought with us. This should be a must for every visitor to San Diego. The crew on board we fun, funny and very helpful. We will definately make this part of our tradition and tell everyone we know how fun it was!!! On top of that we had some light winds in the harbor and managed to get up to 9.5 knots!!! One word for anyone reading this...GO.

Reviewed December 26, 2009

San Diego must rate as one of the most attractive harbours in the world and if that's true then Sail USA 11 is undoubtedly the best way to see it. I sail a 14' dinghly here in the UK and couldn't pass up the opportunity to go aboard an America's Cup yacht (where else can you do this?) in calm waters, where we could do as much (or as little) as we wanted. Having got the boat and the location (and the weather - a lovely, warm October afternoon), the whole experience was cemented by Lynn Hanna's captaincy - he was first class, making sure everyone had a good time and even allowing our 12 year-old daughter to call out "Jibing" - the only crew member to do so! One of the undoubted highlights of our holiday and an experience I would definitley do again - good value too!

Reviewed December 20, 2009

I have always admired the America's Cup yachts, but never thought I would get a chance to actually sail on one. The experience was exhilarating. The crew would point out all the sights along the shore as we criss-crossed the bay. Taking best advantage of the wind, the captain had us passing every boat we met. We were encouraged to participate as much or as little as we pleased. The boat seems well maintained and very clean. The weather got a bit brisk in the afternoon, so I suggest a jacket or sweater. Kona Kai Mariina was easy to locate, and I found plenty of parking. I am coming back again so my friends can experience the best way to spend an afternoon in beautiful San Diego!