Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11 tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $60.00
from $79.00
from $125.00
More Info
All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos friendly crew great boat bucket list unique experience highlight of our trip three hours shelter island coronado bridge helm knots grinding
Reviewed July 6, 2017

There's a reason this seems to be in the top five of locals' recommendations when visiting San Diego. Everyone on the boat had a real team focus, and ensured that everyone got a chance to participate in racing the boat. 6-year old kids, elderly men and women, those who had never been on a boat before, etc; everyone got to do as much or as little as they wanted at the helm or on the winches. Every action we took had an impact on the boat speed. As an avid sailor I think it's fantastic that the general population gets a chance to race an America's Cup boat, and in beautiful San Diego harbor no less!

Reviewed July 6, 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon on the Stars & Stripes. Bee gave a fantastic history of the sport of sailing and sail boats and gave us keep sakes to boot. I was personally thrilled with the day. As to the review about women being discriminated against and not allowed to grind winches, that did not occur on our boat at all! We even had teenage children of both sexes participating, and could've as much as they wanted too. To be under the big sails was awesome, and it was fun when the boat was leaning way over in the water going fast. We thought it was well worth the money and a fun event for the weekend.

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

My family and I sailed aboard this historic and pristine racing yacht during a visit to San Diego in late June. I am an avid sailor, and must say that this is an outstanding experience and a must do for both sailors and non-sailors alike.

The boat is in AMAZING condition for being 25 years old. Everything is original, and looks exactly as it did when Dennis Connor raced it in 1992. We sailed on a Saturday afternoon, and there were a decent amount of other boats in the bay. We were easily the fastest sailboat on the water.... even passing some of these pesky powerboats!

The crew are a fantastic bunch of knowledgeable sailors... very funny too. Dr. Mark (one of the owners) knew everything there was to know about the boat, and was able to articulately answer all my questions. Capt. Lynn and his wife Bee were very professional and kind.

My wife, daughter and I got plenty of time to grind the winches and actually steer the boat through all the tacks and gybes. She especially enjoyed grinding the winches and thought it was such a great, interactive experience.

The sail is a 3 hour experience, with complimentary beverages (including alcohol!!!). There is even a dedicated photographer taking pictures of everyone/everything, and even the pictures are free! This is the best bang for your buck when it comes to interactive water experiences in San Diego.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed July 5, 2017

I have been sailing in San Diego for a few years and always admired watching this sailboat make circles around EVERYONE else in the bay. When I eventually got to sail USA11, I was in complete awe. The captain, mate and crew are a well oiled machine. They encourage participation in the hands on sailing of the vessel which was a true highlight. Most of the crew are volunteers which means all of them come because they are passionate about providing you with a top notch sailing experience. You will not be disappointed! If you are a sailor or non-sailor, this is the venue for you. I have been multiple times and will come back again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed July 5, 2017

The sailing, the crew, the owner, everything about this was incredible! If you have sailed before or if this is your first time you will not be disappointed. Sailing on The Stars & Stripes SailUSA11 is like no other experience. We were in San Diego for the week and this was by far the best activity we did. I am scheduled to be in San Diego next year and we will be back on the boat.

Date of experience: March 2017