Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11 tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

149 Reviews
from $54.00
from $21.00
More Info
All reviews america's cup san diego bay grinder racing yacht captain and crew great boat great afternoon bucket list unique experience once in a lifetime three hours shelter island coronado bridge lynn helm knots grinding
Selected filters
Reviewed June 16, 2017

I highly recommend this sail - very well organized with an interesting history presentation prior to sailing. Crew is professional and friendly and the boat is amazing. Anyone visiting San Diego should make this activity a "MUST DO"!

I live in San Diego, but plan to do this again.

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

I won this trip at a school auction!! This sailing trip was fantastic!! The crew was super friendly!! I loved being involved with the sailing aspect of the trip!! I will definitely do this again!! Thanks To all the crew & Bee!!

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Very well organized and informative. I enjoyed how they had everyone participate in the grinding and setting up the sails.

1  Thank TonyRamosJunior
Reviewed June 9, 2017

There were 18 of us and we had a great time.
I was the first time sailing for most of us, and the crew were very caring and professional.
They know their trade and the SD harbor extremely well, so they were also great tour guides. ..The weather helped too.
I'd definitely recommend this to everyone, especially to those who have not sailed before.
Before this, I didn't know how tough yet adventurous sailing can be.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

Spent the afternoon yesterday with the family (wife and 3 adult children) sailing the San Diego Bay on the Stars and Stripes. It was a fantastic experience which greatly exceeded our expectations. The weather was perfect for sailing and we were able get up to 12.6 knots as we criss crossed the bay for the 3 hour sail. The crew did a great job educating us on the basics of sailing as well as on the history of the area. In addition, we were able to get involved and help the crew, which was interesting and fun! The afternoon also included complimentary snacks, drinks (including alcohol), and pictures/videos of the journey. I have to say it was a total first class effort and experience which we will fondly remember for a long time. Thanks to the crew of the Stars and Stripes for a great day!

Date of experience: May 2017