Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11 tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $27.00
from $88.99
from $40.00
More Info
All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos friendly crew great boat bucket list unique experience highlight of our trip three hours shelter island coronado bridge sea lions helm knots
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I took a girls trip to San Diego and stumbled across the SAIL-USA-11's website. After a little bit of research the girls and I decided to just go for it, none of us had ever been sailing before and weren't quite sure what to expect. We show uped the morning of sailing expecting just to be towed around for a few hours...but BOY WERE WE WRONG! The weather was amazing and the water was mesmorizing! We could not have asked for a more amazing experience, Captain Lynn and his crew more than welcoming, taught us more about sailing (from our hands on moments of the trip) than we could have comprehended from just sitting on the side of the boat and listening. The girls trip was 1 week long and we all agreed that the day of Sailing was our favorite and most memoriable part of the entire trip! It beat the zoo and every other activity we planned for the trip. I would go sailing with Captain Lynn and his crew again any day-and 100 times over!"

Reviewed August 22, 2009

I've been lucky enough to sail on the stars and stripes twice with Sail USA. The experience of the crew really shows as they navigate the boat with such precision! This is not an easy boat to sail, it takes a tremendous amount of teamwork! They make you feel like part of the team, letting you steer and work the grinders. As you cruise through the bay, you are surrounded by a wonderful backdrop of the San Diego skyline on one side and the pacific ocean on the other, simply outstanding!

Reviewed August 18, 2009

Did an afternoon trip and it was perfect in every way! The boat is stunningly beautiful and well-maintained, and the experience of fast sailing on the bay is quite a rush. The crew were friendly, informative, and safety-conscious. There were lovely views of the bay. I highly recommend this to any visitor to San Diego!

Reviewed August 9, 2009

One minute I was a land lubber and before I knew it I was cranking the sails and steering the helm of this famous racing yacht. What a pleasure to be on such a massive, yet silently powerful craft. It's all at once peaceful, exhilirating, thrilling, and relaxing. I have experienced many things in my life, but this was unique.

Reviewed August 9, 2009

I have been on the SailUSA11 America's Cup Yacht four times. I took out-of-town visitors three of those times and every visitor loved the experience. The yacht is beautiful and comfortable. The crew makes a big effort to include everyone on board in the sailing experience--they offer everyone the chance to "grind" or take a turn at the wheel and make sure there are lots of photo opportunities. I've always met interesting people each time I've sailed. The views of the city, the Navy ships and bases, the bridge, Pt. Loma and other boats are spectacular--even for a San Diego native! The sailing is exciting--the yacht travels extremely fast when the wind is up. I would highly recommend the SailUSA11 excursion for anyone who finds themselves in San Diego.