Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11 tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $27.00
from $88.99
from $40.00
More Info
All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos friendly crew great boat bucket list unique experience highlight of our trip three hours shelter island coronado bridge sea lions helm knots
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Did an afternoon trip and it was perfect in every way! The boat is stunningly beautiful and well-maintained, and the experience of fast sailing on the bay is quite a rush. The crew were friendly, informative, and safety-conscious. There were lovely views of the bay. I highly recommend this to any visitor to San Diego!

Reviewed August 9, 2009

One minute I was a land lubber and before I knew it I was cranking the sails and steering the helm of this famous racing yacht. What a pleasure to be on such a massive, yet silently powerful craft. It's all at once peaceful, exhilirating, thrilling, and relaxing. I have experienced many things in my life, but this was unique.

Reviewed August 9, 2009

I have been on the SailUSA11 America's Cup Yacht four times. I took out-of-town visitors three of those times and every visitor loved the experience. The yacht is beautiful and comfortable. The crew makes a big effort to include everyone on board in the sailing experience--they offer everyone the chance to "grind" or take a turn at the wheel and make sure there are lots of photo opportunities. I've always met interesting people each time I've sailed. The views of the city, the Navy ships and bases, the bridge, Pt. Loma and other boats are spectacular--even for a San Diego native! The sailing is exciting--the yacht travels extremely fast when the wind is up. I would highly recommend the SailUSA11 excursion for anyone who finds themselves in San Diego.

Reviewed August 7, 2009

Went on the trip TWICE in one visit, and had a thrilling and enjoyable time on both trips. Any apprehension immediately melted away after experiencing the steady handling by the crew. The sail was smooth and lacked any kind of choppiness to it. The views of the bay and the skyline were unrivaled; we even got to see the USS Nemitz up close as we sailed by. The crew was very warm and inviting, making sure that everyone who had wanted a chance to steer the vessel or work the sails had the chance. They even helped making sure everyone got memorable photographs of the trip. I think that the experience is definitely unique and worth every moment.

Reviewed August 5, 2009

We are San Diego residents who were looking for a special treat for our visiting relatives from Cincinnati. We lucked out. A friend recommended the SAIL USA-11 - sailing adventure. Without a doubt, this turned out to be the highlight of their two week San Diego visit. The group of us, seven adults and teenagers 11-60, had a blast. The trip was not only exciting, it was very informative due to their knowledgeable and extremely pleasant crew. The crew did more than their part to share facts and information on Sail USA-11 with us all. Captian Lynn, did a terrific job of seeing that all of the passangers had the once in a lifetime opportunity to actually sail USA-11. Very cool !