Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11 tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos friendly crew great boat bucket list unique experience highlight of our trip three hours shelter island coronado bridge sea lions helm knots
Reviewed June 16, 2016

We had one of the most memorable days that we have ever had as a family on board Bee and Lynn's "Stars & Stripes." From the moment we arrived, they had an exceptional seminar that outlines the history of racing sail boats and the incredible science behind the boats. Then, a crew of incredibly talented sailors takes you on board and continues the educational process. Everyone can participate (or just sit and relax ... it is up to you). They photograph the entire event and provide you with the images at no cost. It is the best 3 hour adventure. This is a great event for locals, for those traveling and for corporate parties. The entire outing is truly exceptional.

1  Thank robynhussa
Reviewed June 12, 2016

We booked online. Everything is very clear on their website. We arrived 30 minutes prior to departure. There is easy parking available. Before we sailed, we got a great history lesson of the America's cup from Bee. We set sail right on time. There were pretzels and peanuts for a snack and water, soda, wine and beer to drink. My kids were able to have as much as they wanted. Everyone in our family got a chance to take the helm and help out on the boat. You can also sit and enjoy whenever you want. Bee took tons of photos and I ended up not using my camera. After the sail you get to see all the photos back at the office and they e-mail you a link to get all of your photos. It was so awesome to be able to fully participate in the sail and not have to worry about missing any special photo moment because Bee got it for you. If were able to make it back to San Diego, we will definitely sail with them again.

1  Thank akjone01
Reviewed June 9, 2016

Having owned my own sail boat, this by far the best afternoon sailing excursion I have ever had. The crew treated you better than family, they treated like friends. :-) When you arrive at the office you were warmly greeted and given a very informative history lesson of the America's Cup and the history of the boat you are about to go out on.
My son was a little intimidated by the fact he may be asked to help to assist in crewing on the trip, but he wanted me to say that it was unfounded. The crew's supervision in assisting you was off the hook and made you feel very comfortable when you took part in crewing with them. I Highly Recommend this sailing trip to all.

1  Thank gearyxxt
Reviewed June 6, 2016

A day of sailing is always nice. A day on the actual Stars and Stripes is as good as it gets. Fantastic, attentive, learned crew helped make the experience so great. You can do as much or as little as you like while one of the crew will take very nice photos and videos (at no cost) for you. Very classy and most memorable. Thank you!

1  Thank markskidmore2016
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

My wife and daughter enjoyed our 3 hour sail in the bay immensely. The 30 minute preamble at the departure site was extremely informative and enhanced the whole experience. I can't say enough positive things about everyone we met that day especially the all volunteer crew. (Tips welcome).
If you have the time and resources, please avail yourself to this once in a lifetime experience.