“Totally in control”

and up
Sail Stars and Stripes America's Cup Racing Yacht
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Public and private 3 hour sails aboard Stars & Stripes USA-11, the authentic 1992 America's Cup racing yacht sailed by Dennis Conner. Take the helm, grind the winches, or just hang on as this amazing high performance racer zips around San Diego Bay at twice the speed of the average sailboat. A truly unique and memorable experience. Soft drinks, water, peanuts, & pretzels are provided at no cost. You are welcome to bring your own camera, but a crew member will be taking complimentary photos & videos of all the action on board as well as the sights of San Diego Bay. After the sail, complimentary refreshments are served while viewing the days activities on our flat screen TV. The photos & videos will then be posted on Google Web Albums for free access and use. The total cost (no additional taxes or fees) of $125 for adults & $75 for children (5-18) is the best value and most exciting venue on San Diego Bay.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 14, 2015

We went out with the Stars and Stripes team for a corporate team-building event. Even though there was not much wind, the crew helped us catch it once outside the bay and even made 11 knots during a team race. Liked the slide show of the history of the America's Cup and the debriefing with photos afterwards. Best thing - I never once felt seasick on this big boat!

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"sea lions"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed September 10, 2015

We had a great experience last weekend going sailing on the Stars and Stripes in San Diego Bay. The weather couldn't have been better. The owners and crew made it such a great experience especially because they really encouraged active participation in the sailing experience. I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys sailing and the experience of being out on the water.

Reviewed September 8, 2015

My family had a wonderful time sailing on the Stars and Stripes in San Diego Bay. The boat was beautiful, smooth, and very fast. We got up to 12 knots. The weather was perfect for sailing. The crew were all very friendly and knowledgeable. I was afraid I would get seasick, but did not feel queasy at all - it was so smooth. We also got up close and personal with an aircraft carrier - pretty cool! I highly recommend this experience to everyone who visits San Diego.

1  Thank JodyB327
Reviewed September 7, 2015

I have sailed (raced and cruised) on several continents for over 40 years so I thought this was going to be an activity my friends would enjoy. We spend a week vacationing in San Diego every year and this is by FAR the best activity we have experienced. I expected the boat to perform well but had no idea how well it performed. The pre-sail briefing was an excellent overview of the history of the America's Cup and the changes to boat design over the years. Once out on the bay the crew got everyone involved - I can see why businesses use it for team building. There were 7 crew members and 21 guest and the cockpit was not crowded. After returning to the dock we enjoyed refreshments and reviewed the many photos that were taken throughout the day. I highly recommend sailing on Stars and Stripes to anyone interested in boating on San Diego Bay. It is worth every penny!!!