Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11 tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $94.00
from $102.65
from $21.00
More Info
All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos friendly crew great boat bucket list unique experience highlight of our trip three hours shelter island coronado bridge helm knots grinding
Reviewed November 8, 2014

I am a repeat customer on the Stars & Stripes USA - 11. The first time out was quite exciting, especially when we reached 11.9 kt. The recent sail was with two girlfriends who were equally thrilled with the adventure. I highly recommend you add this to your list of "must-dos" when in the San Diego area.

Reviewed November 7, 2014

A good friend was in town and over the years we have done a lot of sailing on his 22' sailboat in upstate NY. A sail on the Stars and Stripes was a must. The winds were strong that day and there were many other boats out on the bay. The 10 man crew were professionals, helpful and a lot of fun. It was a thrill to take the helm during the gusts of wind and we easily passed all the other sailboats, including the big ones. One crew member took almost three hundred pictures, which we got to see back on land over beer and wine. They are all available online. Even if you are not a sailor, this is a San Diego adventure you should not miss.

1  Thank kathy17107
Reviewed November 3, 2014

Tremendously fun afternoon on the beautiful waters of San Diego. Very professional, responsive and fun crew. Boat is in great conditions and is very safe.

It's exhilarating to drive the boat at 11-12 knts and everyone gets a turn. Exceptional customer service: I left my cap at the boat and they mailed it to my home address.

Do not miss this fun day out on the water.

1  Thank Louise D
Reviewed October 27, 2014

My wife and I considered several sail charter options on our recent visit to San Diego. The Stars & Stripes was the best of the bunch. It wasn't just another sailboat. She is a unique, fast boat with history and a wonderful crew. Captain Mark was true to his word and we all got a chance to "drive the boat" and work the winches if we wished.

The time passed too quickly. I could have sailed all day. We all had a great time and the price is right and snacks and drinks are provided as part of the package.

1  Thank Tim F
Reviewed October 26, 2014

Fun, enjoyable, and interactive experience on a perfect day with an awesome & capable crew! I had no idea what to expect, but this 3 hour tour was nothing like Gilligan's Island (although there was a reference to that). Everyone on board had a chance to work the grinders and steer and Lynn took a lot of photos to share afterward. I would choose this over Sea World, Zoo, or Wild Animal Park. Great tour of the harbor and an opportunity to see San Diego from a different perspective! No restroom facilities aboard ship. Crew provided drinks and light snacks. Clothing available for purchase (hats, jackets, t-shirts, etc.) before/after cruise.

3  Thank tdd16719