Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11 tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $60.00
from $79.00
from $125.00
More Info
All reviews america's cup captain lynn san diego bay grinder racing yacht photos and videos friendly crew great boat bucket list unique experience highlight of our trip three hours shelter island coronado bridge helm knots grinding
Reviewed June 10, 2014

As a sailor, this experience had been high on my list for some time, and it did not disappoint! It was a great experience for both total sailing novices and competitive sailors alike. A great way to see San Diego!

2  Thank JMRinDC
Reviewed June 8, 2014

What a lovely way to spend the afternoon. The excitement of the crew was contagious! The sailing itself was breath taking but the crew definitely made it a learning experience, very knowledgeable, friendly and eager to share their experiences.

Coming from a motor racing background, I used to think sailing/racing looked boring. After my experience with the Stars & Stripes crew I have learned a new appreciation at the dedication and skill that it takes.

Awesome time and will recommend the adventure to my friends and family.

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were sad that our sail on May 14th had to be cancelled but we were given plenty of notice by email and the refund was on my credit card when I got home. We will try to sail on another visit in the future

1  Thank marionspence
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We sailed with Captain Lynn and crew this spring and had an amazing experience! Our original sail was canceled due to high seas, but they graciously took our group out on their day off and could not have been nicer. We all helped crew and everyone had their turn at the wheel. The sail was preceded by a short lecture about the history of the America's Cup, which was great and helped placed our experience in the context of the event. I cannot recommend this experience enough - it's a must when you are in San Diego!

Date of experience: April 2014
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We truly enjoyed our afternoon sailing adventure with Stars & Stripes. Besides the fun of the activity itself, what sets this activity apart is the truly warm and caring attitude of the staff. They LOVE what they do and they LOVE to share that joy with their customers. What a great day we had!

1  Thank johnbN301BL