“Awesome experience for private group!”

Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11
Book In Advance
More Info
$125.00*
and up
Sail Stars and Stripes America's Cup Racing Yacht
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Public and private 3 hour sails aboard Stars & Stripes USA-11, the authentic 1992 America's Cup racing yacht sailed by Dennis Conner. Take the helm, grind the winches, or just hang on as this amazing high performance racer zips around San Diego Bay at twice the speed of the average sailboat. A truly unique and memorable experience. Soft drinks, water, peanuts, & pretzels are provided at no cost. You are welcome to bring your own camera, but a crew member will be taking complimentary photos & videos of all the action on board as well as the sights of San Diego Bay. After the sail, complimentary refreshments are served while viewing the days activities on our flat screen TV. The photos & videos will then be posted on Google Web Albums for free access and use. The total cost (no additional taxes or fees) of $125 for adults & $75 for children (5-18) is the best value and most exciting venue on San Diego Bay.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 6, 2013

From the first call I had with Captain Lynn to set up a private outing, he was so helpful and easy to work with. I was planning this from out of town and he made it all very easy. They took photos throughout the trip and shared them with us all for no extra cost, and they turned out beautifully. Our whole group of 24 had a wonderful time and really enjoyed getting a chance to help sail the boat. We went by a navy base where we got to watch them training dolphins which was really cool. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone looking for a unique group outing or client appreciation event! Thanks Lynn for everything!

All reviews
in 136 reviews
"knots"
in 54 reviews

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was a great ride the crew is awesome. I am from SD. And I loved it. Something you must do whether you are from here or just visiting.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Being from San Diego, I love being a tourist in my own city. We had friends visiting from the cold, and they were both sailors, so am I. Once they found out about being able to sail on a Americas Cup class boat, we were on the computer and signed up. From the moment we signed up Lynn (Capt./ Owner) had a confirmation to us with all the info we needed. When we arrived, very easy to find, Shelter Island, the whole crew was relaxed, friendly and welcoming. I did not feel like a tourist, I felt like friends going for a sail, on the best boat I have ever been on! You could be as active with the raising of the sails, sailing (yes Lynn is near by so you don't get to close to the Navy ships) or you can just relax, which is what I did. The crew was there to work, but they also had all sorts of info on San Diego What we were going by, What was flying over, Military planes.
We saw dolphins, great veiws of the city, I can see going on this tour again and again, itwould always be changing.
This is a great trip for families, work groups, friends and LOCALS.
Sunny, Breezy wonderful day, Don't miss this, if you want to get out side, and enjoy San Diego.
I sound like a tourist:)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

From the second we walked in the main office to check in, we felt as if we were going sailing with a group of friends. Everyone was extremely courteous, helpful and interesting. We were allowed to participate in all aspects of the sailing experience (spectating, grinding, steering and others that I am not aware of the correct term). After, we were invited back to view photo's, talk with the crew and enjoy some refreshments. It truly was like spending time with friends (on a unreal boat) out on the water. My wife and I note it as the highlight of the trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had sailing friends visiting from Sweden and Sarah, a 19 year old 49ers Olympic hopeful, was thrilled to hear that she could sail on an America's Cup class yacht. The missed opportunity is that I had to work and didn't get to go! Sandra, my wife, Christina, Sarah's mom, and Sarah all came home thrilled! "Great crew, lead by Lynn, we saw dolphins in the bay, there was a submarine and jets, the boat handles like a dream, I'll recommend that to anyone, San Diegans included!..." and on and on! Having sailed on an ACC before I figured I could miss it, sounds like I was wrong. Thank you Lynn and crew for one of Christina and Sarah's best days on their 6 day trip to San Diego!

1  Thank Peter P