“Faster is better!”

and up
Sail Stars and Stripes America's Cup Racing Yacht
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Public and private 3 hour sails aboard Stars & Stripes USA-11, the authentic 1992 America's Cup racing yacht sailed by Dennis Conner. Take the helm, grind the winches, or just hang on as this amazing high performance racer zips around San Diego Bay at twice the speed of the average sailboat. A truly unique and memorable experience. Soft drinks, water, peanuts, & pretzels are provided at no cost. You are welcome to bring your own camera, but a crew member will be taking complimentary photos & videos of all the action on board as well as the sights of San Diego Bay. After the sail, complimentary refreshments are served while viewing the days activities on our flat screen TV. The photos & videos will then be posted on Google Web Albums for free access and use. The total cost (no additional taxes or fees) of $125 for adults & $75 for children (5-18) is the best value and most exciting venue on San Diego Bay.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We had a great time on this excursion. Highly recommend for all ages. The crew was fun and allowed lots of participation including driving the boat! My favorite part is that the boat is faster than all the other sail boats out there. It was great blowing by them like they were standing still. We were on a corporate retreat and it made for a fun team work experience. I think it would also be great for family bonding. Thanks guys, can't wait to do it again!

All reviews
in 136 reviews
"knots"
in 54 reviews

Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Best sailing day I have had in a long time... It's the most amazing and beautiful boat I have ever been on.. And the crew just added to the great experience! If u have a love for the ocean you share it with the crew from stars and stripes. Bruce & Natalie were wonderful on showing us the little details and just being super friendly! If I could I would go out every weekend! Highly recommend to everyone!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This sailing adventure tops the charts! The speed and power I experienced was amazing. You feel like racing all the boats in the bay. Capt. Lynn is very personable and informative; his crew is very knowledgeable and hard working. Natalie takes hundreds of pics that are posted free of charge on picassa for you to download later. All the guests are invited to steer the Stars and Stripes at it's full potential!

1  Thank Neil K
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I had an amazing time on the Stars and Stripes. The crew was a blast! The weather was perfect! I will definitely be taking another sail on the Stars and Stripes again when I go back to San Diego! Thank you all for a great time!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I've never been sailing before riding the Stars & Stripes USA-11, and I had a blast. I was with a group that did a private charter, and the entire trip was enjoyable, relaxing, memorable and fun. Our group got to help their crew with the sailing process, and each one of us even got to drive the boat for a while. Stars and Stripes even provided a nice digital camera, and we got to see the photos right after we docked (plus they gave us a link to download them for free, which was an unexpected and nice bonus).

As one without "sea legs," I was worried that I would get sea sick or just tired of being on the boat, and that never happened, not even once. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed being on the water, hearing the stories from the crew and being a "sailor" for an afternoon.

If you're in San Diego and you're looking for something different to do, I highly recommend this experience! Thanks, Captain Hanna and crew!

1  Thank 15glaser