“COME SAIL & BE PART OF THE CREW!!!”

Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11
Book In Advance
More Info
$125.00*
and up
Sail Stars and Stripes America's Cup Racing Yacht
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Public and private 3 hour sails aboard Stars & Stripes USA-11, the authentic 1992 America's Cup racing yacht sailed by Dennis Conner. Take the helm, grind the winches, or just hang on as this amazing high performance racer zips around San Diego Bay at twice the speed of the average sailboat. A truly unique and memorable experience. Soft drinks, water, peanuts, & pretzels are provided at no cost. You are welcome to bring your own camera, but a crew member will be taking complimentary photos & videos of all the action on board as well as the sights of San Diego Bay. After the sail, complimentary refreshments are served while viewing the days activities on our flat screen TV. The photos & videos will then be posted on Google Web Albums for free access and use. The total cost (no additional taxes or fees) of $125 for adults & $75 for children (5-18) is the best value and most exciting venue on San Diego Bay.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I just had the most extraordinary sailing experience among Stars & Stripes USA11 for Memorial Day Weekend '11. Lynn Hanna, Captain, is such a kind, sweet gentleman who let everyone practice in helming the boat & a native of Bastrop, TX! If you're wanting to learn sailing & actually help out the crew, than this is the experience for you! The crew that I met, Marnie & Mario were absolutely polite & courteous & happy to have you on board! As a beginner sailor, this experience has taught me simple sailing basics & techniques. If you're used to driving w/the tiller like me, this would be great for you because Lynn will let you practice on steering the helm & preparing to tack when changing your course of direction! I have a passion for the water, and this experience exceeded all my expectations & more. Thank all of you guys among Stars & Stripes USA11 for the highlight of my first San Diego trip!!

~Noelle A. Muñoz

in 54 reviews
"grinding"
in 70 reviews

Reviewed May 31, 2011

The three hours on the Stars and Stripes in San Diego bay is a wonderful experience even for those who have never been on a sailing vessel. The boat is stable and safe and well crewed. The volunteer crew members explain what and why things are done to make the boat go through the many tacks and jibes. The passengers get a chance to participate, in grinding the winches and steering the boat. In addition, the knowledgable crew describe points of interest and features of the bay and the shore line. For the price and the length of the cruise it is indeed the best bargain on the bay.

1  Thank Saxman80
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We spent the afternoon w/Lynn & the gang, and they never made us walk the plank! Typically, we take clients out for a golf game. Now, I'm a golfer. I love to golf.

However, being on the water on such a gorgeous boat was truly a great way to spend the day. And, our client will remember this much more than the usual "Fore!"

Thanks to the crew for a fantastic day!

KC

Reviewed May 17, 2011

Seriously one of the best days I have had in San Diego. I've been sailing often out in San Diego but never had such an amazing experience like I did on the Stars and Stripes. The boat was immaculate, the crew was amazingly helpful and knowledgeable, and everyone on the water was jealous they weren't on the boat with us. I loved the fact that they took pictures of everyone on the boat and had them available for review immediately following the tour. By the end of the trip everyone on board was friends and it really created a great sense of adventure and accomplishment. I have lived in the area years and can't believe I waited this long to go on this adventure. Can't wait for my next sail!!

1  Thank beksurf
See more reviews
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Only negative is I doubt I'll enjoy sailing on any less a ship than USA-11 now, and I've got the sailing bug! This was my first ever sailing experience, and it was incredible! Friendly crew and operators, beautiful and perfectly maintained ship, and all of the opportunities to enjoy the day, the city, and learn about sailing. Lynn knew everyone by name right away, the crew were kind and helpful. And the ship just flies across the bay, and is such a sight every other craft out there was taking pictures of us! You can help with the actual sailing or just kick back, your choice; I helped out which made it so much fun.