“Yummy Crab”
Review of Crab Hut

Crab Hut
Reserve with OpenTable
Crab Hut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 4,873 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Lots of food, very tasty. Parking is tight and the space is small, but it is worth it! The seasoning are delicious and the king crab is my favorite. I tend to do the king/snow crab combo. Had the mudbugs, but they're not as good as what you get in texas or nola.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

went with a bunch of friends and the atmosphere is great and cheery. love the shirts of the servers. prompt service - clam chowder was delicious! we got the pound of snow crab legs and that was enough for 1 person. i would definitely suggest an appetizer also.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was in San Diego for business and saw the Carb Hut II sign across the street with the Health Department grade "A" posted. Love cajun food, so decided to try it fro lunch.
San Diego was in an extended "Dine Out" promotion, so we chose the price fixed menu. Gumbo to start followed by jambalya, which I may speel wrong, but can attest were both awesome! Rich, thick broth and Spicy. Very filling and a great value.
The location is mainly a sports bar theme. Relaxed. Not too busy on a Tuesday at lunch, but could get noisy with a crowd. Service was fast.
I would definetely return and recommend.

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

In the very near vicinity, & since the local place where I intended to eat was crammed w/ MNF watchers, this was my second option. Didn't feel like walking & looking. Sat down & realized I'd stumbled into Joe's Shack West, & had further qualms after realizing the place was empty except for one other table. There was a special on local draft beer, & the $3 mug of tasty blond beer was at least 20 oz. Killed time while deciding w/ the crab poppers-hot & cheesy but w/o much crab. Main course was a $25 bag of spicy crustaceans, w/ potatoes, corn, & andouille thrown in for variety. There were 8 or 9 large, whole shrimp & 2 large snow crab clusters, all of which kept me busy for about an hour. Server seemed very tired & wasn't that tuned in. Not a bad choice if craving hefty quantities of shellfish.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

LOVED IT!! We had ordered our shell fish by the Lb, that was the cheapest. The Crab Legs were awesome and steamed perfectly. They have his Garlic Butter sauce that you can ask for that is out of this world to put on your fish. I had a great experience at this location, the service was a little slow, but the food made up for it. Also, the presentation of the seafood coming out in these plastic bags caught me off guard. It didn't look like it does in the pics on the menu. I think that can be something they should think about changing. But it was soaking the crab boil juices and it must be one of the reasons why it tasted so good.

We went in the middle of August this year and the Crawfish was out of season, which we were a little disappointed about. The location is in the Northern Gas lamp district which is a nice safe area to walk around. We will go back there again and suggest going there, because it is one of the Cheaper seafood restaurants to get a healthy portion of Shell fish.