Book In Advance

from $86.40
from $94.00
from $54.00
22,087 results
All reviews panda exhibit sky tram kangaroo bus guided bus tour big cats safari park polar bear walking shoes wear comfortable shoes day pass behind the scenes free parking animals skyfari hippos cheetah gondola
Reviewed today

This was the second time in 3 years that my wife and I have visited San Diego Zoo. We really enjoyed the whole day at the zoo. It has changed over those years and lots of new addition, too numerous to name it all here! Just make sure you bring your nice camera. I forgot mine and used the iPhone 7 to make those shots. A very memorable visit, and plan to spend the whole day to see the most of it! After the zoo, go and see Balboa Park.

Reviewed today

Great zoo. So many animals! Aviaries are a special treat.
Prices are high, $55/person for an adult ticket. There is a $6 student discount. Get there early and plan to spend the entire day there. Large area, wear walking shoes, expect hills. Almost whole area is wheelchair accessible.

Great day out
Really enjoyed our day out here there is plenty to see & do.
We arrived early in the morning having taken an uber from Gaslamp area which was not too expensive.
There were plenty of animals out to see, but as the day went on I noticed more & more heading for the shade much like ourselves.
This is a wonderfully laid out Zoo on several elevations & is the cleanest & most scenic I have been to.
I would say you could easily spend a whole day here.
I would definitely go again if I was in the area.

Reviewed yesterday

I'm a San Diego native, I live about a mile from the Zoo and go there every week for a couple of hours with some friends. Here are some observations (that are partially in response to the moderate/negative reviews, so sorry if I sound a bit defensive):

The animals are not there to entertain you. If one is not out on display when you're there, there are reasons for it. Accept this.

Get there early. A lot of the animals (especially the big cats) are active early, then do what cats usually do: go to sleep.

The enclosures are intended to mimic the animals' natural habitat, and sometimes the animals just want to hide. I've been to the two enclosures in Africa Rocks for the fossas, and sometimes they're running around and other times they're nowhere to be seen. Are they hiding, or are they just not on display?

Similarly, one week the lemurs were crazy-active, whereas the week before and the week after they were just sitting around. Ditto for the polar bears. And the leopards.

You just don't know when the animals will be out and about, when they'll be out and hiding, or when they'll be out but inactive/sleeping. They're animals! They do what they want to do and when they want to do it. They're not there for your entertainment.

So just go and enjoy the grounds, see those animals that are out, and head off to the more active animals: giraffes, elephants, condors, birds in general, the South African penguins, the orangutans and gorillas, the pandas . . .

Reviewed yesterday

World Renown! Can spend a leisurely day and see it all. There are bus tours and sky trams, but the entire zoo is totally walkable, providing in-close views of all of the animals. The grounds are essentially level everywhere. Zoo staff are everywhere and provide useful information.There are numerous places to grab and eat meals and snacks.

Annual memberships are ideal for multiple visits.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Kind of disappointed with the number of empty enclosures for the price you pay. Would have liked to see more of the larger animals. Earlier in the day is better since the animals get hot and tend to nap by noon, from what we say. I did like the number of monkies and the fact you can have a beer while you talk around.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I had never been to this zoo and I have been to many other zoos around the country and found this one to be outstanding. It is huge and can take a whole day if yo uh want it to. The people are very nice and helped us many times find our way. I really enjoyed the bus stops and the ability to pick up a bus and get off whenever I wanted to. It takes you to 4 of the major areas of the park and is very helpful since there are many hills to climb in the zoo. It is great to see so many animals and their natural habitat. Though one critique that I would have is that the map really isn't very easy to follow at times and it seems like there is a great distance between exhibits at times. It seems like you walk a long way without seeing anything to get to the next big area of the zoo. over all it is a must see though when you go to San Diego.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

As a resident of San Diego, I appreciate the beauty of the San Diego Zoo. Peaceful place to spend an afternoon.

Reviewed yesterday

Was a bit disappointed to tell the truth. Maybe just the time of our visit about 11am as most the animals were napping, could see them so took the guides word on it. I also felt the enclosures very small.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

The SD Zoo has a lot to offer. It’s worth a visit if you are in the area and like Zoos. They have a bus tour you can take and if you do sit on the right side of the bus for best views. This visit is of course, involves a lot of walking. And some animals don’t cooperate. I think I saw more animal butts, than faces. Overall, it is a fun day and while the food is expensive, there are a lot of options. I would go back, but not for a while.