“Big part of the best vacation I have had in a long time !!”
Review of San Diego Zoo

San Diego Zoo
Ranked #2 of 434 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Founded in 1916, the Zoo has been an icon in San Diego for nearly 100 years—and an absolute must-see in Southern California. Spend the day monkeying around in our tropical oasis as you visit beautiful habitats that are home to gorillas, eagles, tigers, sun bears, Asian leopards, rare reptiles, a palette of colorful birds, and more. Visit the Australian Outback to delight in our colony of 24 koalas, and travel along Panda Trek to experience giant pandas and other animals that share their bamboo forest habitat. Go back in time through Elephant Odyssey to discover what animals used to roam Southern California and see what the elephants are up to. Enjoy a guided tour on a double-decker bus or the scenic view from the Skyfari aerial tram, and dine in the peaceful surroundings of Albert's Restaurant. Discover the wonders of wildlife with animal encounters, interactive experiences, and keeper chats. A leader in animal care and conservation, the San Diego Zoo is at the heart of the San Diego experience.
Corcoran, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big part of the best vacation I have had in a long time !!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I really enjoyed my time at the zoo. Everyone there was extremely nice and knowledgeable. There is tons to see I recommend getting a two day pass if you would like to see it all. I wouldn't go again anytime soon since I seen everthing. If you don't like walking too much they do have express tours and the skyfari which is when you ride a cable car way above the zoo from one side to the other is pretty neat. I do plan on maybe taking my niece when she turns five.

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Alpine, Utah, United States
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Pretty neat, but a bit smaller than I thought”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Of course the animals are incredible. However, I thought it would be a lot bigger. San Diego has a beautiful climate and so anytime is great to visit.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lisa M
Caernarfon
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“No better than Chester Zoo”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We paid a lot to get in here and to be honest I can't say that I enjoyed it any more than Chester Zoo- that's not to say that it wasn't good, because it was! There was a line to see the panda.

Visited December 2013
Westport, CT
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Terrific place to visit - great for all”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We spent all day at the zoo - be prepared for a lot of walking. We loved the close-up views of the giraffes, koalas, condors and apes. The food was decent. Although we did not ride the bus, we heard the guide's talk about animals at several stops, so we would recommend it for people who might have difficultuy

Visited February 2014
Muncy PA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Always a joy!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Love this place. Great displays, humanitarian, beautifully kept grounds, and lots of friendly staff to assist.

Visited March 2014