Ways to Experience San Diego Zoo
180 Reviews
from $54.00
from $86.40
22,105 results
All reviews panda exhibit sky tram kangaroo bus guided bus tour big cats safari park polar bear walking shoes wear comfortable shoes day pass behind the scenes free parking animals skyfari hippos cheetah gondola
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We enjoyed the SD zoo mostly bc of the interesting habitats. The SD zoo is working towards eliminating traditional zoo displays in favor of more natural habitats. They are also on the front line of specie conservation. It is a wonderful experience for true animal lovers.

2  Thank HeatherJ228
Reviewed yesterday

While the zoo is one of the best in the country, it has a terrible map and very few signs to help you find your way around the grounds. Be prepared to do a LOT of walking.

1  Thank mitakous
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Had a wonderful day here and I’m not usually keen on Zoos. Saw lots of rare animals we hadn’t seen before like Elephants, Pandas. Lots of food establishments. Quite pricey and not great quality which was a let down but was as I expected at somewhere like this. Lots of friendly volunteers all over the place helping you and giving directions. Slightly too helpful for my liking as don’t need to be asked where I’m trying to get to every 5 minutes and if I need help to get there. Absolutely huge and lots of modern looking areas. Well taken care of and clean. Recommend a ride SkyTrain and any of the really interesting talks on the animals that are taking place.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Spent about 7hrs here.. got there first thing and jumped on the tour bus for a overview tour of the park.

Once off the bus, we walked the whole park and checked everything out. Was very good zoo experience, we had lunch at alberts, the only full service resturant at the zoo.. great food and service.

Great range of animals and appears that they are well looked after, if your an animal fan, you will enjoy this zoo. Well worth the visit if in the area.

1  Thank chopstar87
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We almost didn’t go to the zoo given our time squeeze, but I wanted to see the pandas and am glad we fit the stop in. We were at the zoo in the morning for about 2 hours and saw an amazing amount of great things. We started by taking the bus tour, then walked the African canyon trail, stopped to see the Pandas, and then took the tram back to the entrance/exit. Pandas exhibits were better than expected and the canyon walk was amazing. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit to the zoo. It is very large with really cool animals. Worth the trip and price since we purchased on Groupon

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Whenever I’m on holiday and there is a zoo in the vicinity I always make time to visit it. I’ve been to many zoos around the world and San Diego zoo was on my list. Sadly I was disappointed with this attraction. I found some of the cages to small for the animals. Quite upset to see some of the animals pacing back and forth. I don’t think I would visit again.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

The zoo is very clean and well organized, but lacked needed signage. There is lots of walking, so make sure to wear good walking shoes. The food was better than expected. We left there exhausted!

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Lions, pandas, and apes.. oh my...after some kayaking, paddle boarding, and a clippers game, it was nice to do the zoo.
Not cheap admission, but parking was free.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

The zoo was very nice and very well maintained. There were a ton of animals to see and they had a couple shows throughout the day. It was well worth the money, especially if you purchase tickets on Groupon you'll save a couple bucks.