“Great food, service and setting!”
Review of Urban Solace

Urban Solace
Reserve with OpenTable
Urban Solace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 4,773 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: University
Transit: We are located at the transit hub of 30th and University Ave.
Phoenix, AZ
“Great food, service and setting!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The food is innovative, refreshing, well prepared and has a agreat presentation. The heirloom tomato with a mozzarella appetizer was straight from the garden. All 4 of us absolutely raved about the celery and bleu cheese soup--I know, I know.....but you have to try it! The skirt steak with corn pudding, sauteed spinach and charred carrots was a huge hit as well as the special prime rib. Our waiter knew the offerings inside and out. The menu changes often, so we look forward to returning.....but I really hope they still have the celery soup when we return!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Terri O

“Innovative menu in great setting”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The quality of the food was excellent for both appetisers and entrees. The location was fantastic, with aircon too cold inside for my liking. The pork chop one of the best ever.

Service swift and professional, but with an aftertaste of stroppy that, if avoided, would have earned them top marks.

San Diego, California
“Something different”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Went to Urban Solace for the first time celebrating my son's and my wife's birthday. Started with very tasty cocktails; my wife had the Great Damson (enjoyed it), my son and I had the Cuke Mule (similar to a Horses Neck or Moscow Mule). The Cuke Mule was excellent with a sharp ginger spice. My daughter-in-law had the Sweet Urban Tea. Warm Cheese Biscuits and a Cheese and Charcuterie Board before dinner. Hangar Steak, Burgers, and the Jidori Chicken were tasty! Had to try a side of Duckaroni...VERY RICH, but weren't disappointed! Overall, wait staff was terrific, food was good. Only downside....it was a warm day and the flies were OUT OF CONTROL on the patio. If there is a next time, we'll probably sit inside.

• Visited August 2012
San Diego, California
“Great Unique Dishes”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Urban Solace is a little above our usual price range, often has long waits, and parking in North Park is a hassle but the food here is worth it. They have a selection of very unusual dishes which are all well done. We don't eat in North Park often but when we do we usually eat at Urban Solace.

• Visited May 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I found this place by researching Trip Advisor and Open Table. I made reservations for dinner after my husband and I enjoyed a day at the zoo. Only about 15 minutes away at best. We pulled up to the front, and parked. My husband looked at the outside and was wondering what kind of place I had found. We walked inside and it was beautiful! We had requested outside seating when I made the reservation through Open Table, and we were seated immediately. The patio is romantic, and you do not feel like you are in a busy part of town. We had the butternut squash dip as an appetizer, and I found it delectable. My husband had the chicken and dumplings, and he thought it was the best he's ever had. I had the lamb & fig meatloaf, and I swear I had died an gone to heaven. I found the recipe online and I'm going to attempt to recreate this one day. Our waitress was very sincere and attentive. I am so glad we ended up eating here. It was truly a wonderful experience.

• Visited July 2012