“A fantastic Family day”

Ranked #15 of 443 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Only at SeaWorld can you get close to dolphins, penguins, sharks and more. See awe-inspiring shows with magnificent killer whales, playful dolphins, humorous sea lions plus an amazing pet show featuring adopted animals. Dive under the sea at Explorer's Reef and touch a crab, shark, or playful cleaner fish. Experience exhilarating rides, roller coasters and water rides. See dozens of amazing attractions. Enjoy fresh California cuisine. Experience this beautiful park located on scenic Mission Bay. SeaWorld is a top-rated, all-age attraction and a must-see for any visit to San Diego. Have unforgettable fun that sparks a passion for wild animals and wild places.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I know a lot of people will think that this review is very incorrect ,but my husband and I just fell in love with Sea World. Its not just the majestic Orcas that make this a magical place but all the other Aquatic Creatures that capture the imagination of all the children there but also it brings out the inner child of all Adults there. The Shows were Educational as well as extremely entertaining and when we were there everyone was completely mesmerised with the Whales and the Keepers. If you get the opportunity to go please do you wont regret it.

1  Thank Spencer28
There are newer reviews for SeaWorld San Diego

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I thought Seaworld would be a bit tacky, but I was totally wrong. The shows were very entertaining, and the animals seemed to be enjoying themselves, (if that's possible). Everywhere was very clean, the pens the animals were in were very clean, as was the park itself. Even the sea-lion show was very entertaining, thanks to "Biff" the warm-up act. Also, I was surprised at the animal rescue work that Seaworld undertakes. I would recommend this attraction to everyone.

2  Thank David A
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My family has been going to Sea World San Diego every year since my kids were born. My son now 14 and daughter 13 years old have always gone several times a year with our family yearly passes.
I thought I would one last time time get annual passes since the kids are now teenagers and probably not be wanting to go as often as in the past. Well, after our third visit so far this year...the love it as much as ever! New updated adventures including the Manta Ray Ride and the skin eating fish ponds the kids dip their hands in and feel fish eat all the dead skin cells...plus after all the Buzz from the ridiculous BLACK FISH Movie has actually attracted them to see for themselves how wrong the movie portrayed Sea World. My kids love how great they take care of their animals.
I expect to buy annual passes for more years to come!
Also, now that their older they love to invite friends and they can take off on their own in a safe environment to do rides over and over again without their parents trying to keep up them and we simply meet up at a designated time to watch a show together before their off again.

We LOVE PETS RULE!

FORGET ALL THE NEGATIVE PUBLICITY you may have heard! SEA WORLD does it right and cares more about our sea life than any self serving movie making mogul ever has!

4  Thank Dave A
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Seaworld is a nice park to visit and had a nice balance of activity. Its a good place for couples, families, old and young alike, especially if you enjoy sea life. There aren't a ton of thrill rides but there are a couple. We enjoyed the shows, especially the one in Shamu and Sea Lion and Otter Stadium. I've also visited the one in Orlando and they are very similar, but I think Orlando has a few better unique dining options. I loved the Churro snacks and I always get a signature mug (refills are a dollar and its large enough that both my and my lady were able to sip off :-) ) I'm not a rollercoaster enthusiast but my lady really wanted to ride the manta and I am still alive and actually enjoyed it..lol. I even got to feed an sea lion (tip, do not hold the fish too long or you may be attacked by a hungry bird like yours truly..lol). This was our first stop using our 3 day Go Card. I highly recommend it if you visit San Diego and are interested in seeing a great deal of attractions and or musuems (if you plan accordingly, its a great resource, even if you can't visit all 46 attractions..lol)

2  Thank Rome_411
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Went to SeaWorld San Diego during the last few days of April.

The place was empty, seriously we had the whole park to ourselves (ok maybe 400 people were there)

Most importantly the animals (mainly fish) were well treated and clearly loved.

The staff were genuinely interesting and wanting to educate you on their wonders.

I had to remind myself that this is not an amusement park but more of an educational facility and it's business is animal welfare and research.

In saying that the rides were good, and my children actually rated the rollercoasters up there with Disney.

I thought the park was tired, and could do with some paint but all in all was a pleasant experience.

I can not recommend enough the lunch with the Orca's, great food, a private show and incredible photo opportunity. A memory I will hold for the rest of my life.

2  Thank Chris A