“Lots to see, not enough time”
Review of Balboa Park

Ranked #3 of 452 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of the most popular urban parks in the United States, this bucolic paradise is packed with an array of attractions, including the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Having disembarked from our Cruise ship we had limited time "to kill" before our flight home. we booked onto the round tour bus and decided on 2 stops. Balboa Park being the first. The Orchids in the Botanical House were exquisite. The architecture was really interseting and very photographic against the clear blue sky. the weather was perfet for an hours stroll. You definetly need a day for your visit here.

Write a ReviewReviews (10,288)
All reviews
"international houses"
in 97 reviews
"spanish village"
in 208 reviews
"the natural history museum"
in 188 reviews
in 546 reviews
"fountains"
in 316 reviews

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The all day pass is great value as it lets you see 5 of the main attractions - the science museum was a little kiddie for my liking but the Natural History Museum and especially the Museum of Man is well worth it.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very nice park but the museums and art galleries are nothing spectacular. We did not visit the natural history museum so I can't comment on that....

1  Thank Jerry D
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I grew up in San Diego and spent a lot of time in this lovely park. I now live just blocks from it and take my walks there. I've been to beautiful parks in other cities both in the U.S. and worldwide. Nothing beats Balboa and not just for my nostalgic memories. It is one of those parks that locals really use. From world-class museums to the phenomenal SD Zoo to music in the Pavilion to the Old Globe theater to special events to the gardens (I could go on and on) there is something for every member of the family.