I stayed here for a week on business in the Point Loma area and picked this hotel since the reviews were overwhelmingly positive and the location. I was not disappointed. The hotel is located in a good spot and only a few minutes if that, from the airport. If you are headed downtown each day this isn't the best location for that. There are a few restaurants nearby, and the walking trail that runs along the water behind the hotel is great. I didn't use the restaurants in the hotel but the bar sure was hopping each evening when I would get back.
Check in was uneventful and I was put in a King room with a small balcony looking towards the Homewood Suites next door. The room was clean and definitely had the newer design you will only find in newer Courtyards. The bathroom was large and sufficient, although the door opened out into the foyer instead of into the bathroom, which was strange since there is plenty of room inside the bathroom unlike some older Courtyards where the door barely clears the toilet. Not the case here. The bed was super comfortable. WIfi was standard hotel quality, not that great but should work for anything other than video streaming. There was wired internet as well which wasn't any faster. AC got nice and cold, the thermostat wouldn't switch over to "heat" mode, not sure if it was broken or simply disabled(I didn't need heat anyway). My room also had a second, bigger fridge along with a brand new microwave which was fantastic. The original "cube" fridge was below a counter with a single-serve Keurig machine which is also a nice touch. The k-cups taken/used each day were replaced every single day. Kind of weird that consuming the bottle of water in the room resulted in a $2.50 charge yet the 5 kcups provided were free, which have a value of about $3(and were restocked every day).
The only complaint would be the lack of TV channels, a couple HD channels didn't come in all week so there were only 9 working HD channels, and perhaps 25 regular channels(several were fuzzy as well), a pretty meager selection from many other hotels I have stayed at. My TV was a flat panel LCD but definitely an older model from when the hotel opened a few years ago. The first remote was non-functional but a simple visit to the front desk solved this problem with a replacement.
I've stayed at a lot of Courtyards and this one is better than most with the newer rooms, a Keurig, microwave/big fridge, and nice grounds and a couple restaurants. If your business takes to the Point Loma area/base this is a solid choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new waterfront Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station is nestled along the water just minutes from Downtown, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and the historic Gaslamp district. The hotel is adjacent to a beautiful 46-acre waterfront park with miles of waterfront trails. A fresh-stylish on-site restaurant, bar and deli offer multiple dining options with indoor and outdoor seating. Experience a modern destination combined with the rich history that can be found in Liberty Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Airport
- San Diego Courtyard