Not surprised by the favourable reviews as this is more like a resort hotel than a Courtyard or airport hotel. Nice welcome from the reception staff and no problem getting into our room before 2pm and by 2.30 we were lazing around the pool. Very nice pool which caught the sun until 5.30. Most of our 3 day stay it was quiet but occasionally got a filling of up to 10 children/parents/grandparents. Excellent breakfast with smoked salmon and fresh fruit as well as the usual eggs,bacon sausage etc. we ate two nights in the restaurant which was not heavily used but service and food were good. Jim the famous barman makes a great margarita and there is plenty of places to drink it, including a nice indoor/outdoor area with a fire and a business centre which is a library with computers. There are restaurants,Starbucks and Subway within 250yds walk. Great view of planes taking off , the noise is audible by the pool but not intrusive and inaudible inside the hotel. Nice walks around liberty station 3 miles and Spanish Landing 2.5 miles parkland with no graffiti or homeless people. The only disappointment was that we had booked a suite as we were relaxing after a two week drive down the coast from Seattle. The website does not make it clear that the suites have no balcony and are in fact two small corner rooms that have been joined together as a suite as they would not be able to be let as individual rooms. So the suites are in a poor location although they are of good size. In addition the bed abuts the ice maker and Pepsi machine which actually makes the wall vibrate behind the bed head. Luckily we always travel with ear plugs. We were offered an alternative room and in retrospect should have taken a fourth floor room at the south end as these have the best views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new waterfront Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station is nestled along the water just minutes from Downtown, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and the historic Gaslamp district. The hotel is adjacent to a beautiful 46-acre waterfront park with miles of waterfront trails. A fresh-stylish on-site restaurant, bar and deli offer multiple dining options with indoor and outdoor seating. Experience a modern destination combined with the rich history that can be found in Liberty Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Airport
- San Diego Courtyard