“Convenience”

Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
Ranked #25 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Convenience”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights staring July 1, 2013. Our first time to San Diego. We enjoyed ourselves. The Hotel was very nice and clean. We got 2 regular queen beds, nothing special. We slept well except the airplane noise which it didn't really bother us so much. The only downside is the breakfast is NOT complimentary unlike our visits to Residence Inn the other night. Miriam is very nice and Terry from the Front Desk, housekeeper Maria was awesome. We didn't really spend so much time in the Hotel but we saw plenty of good stuff. We'll come and stay here again around Christmas.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Bienmartinez
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
I’ll be sure to share your comments with Miriam, Terry and Maria – I know they will be excited to see them. You are correct that breakfast is not included in most rates. However, we do offer a few rates that do include breakfast – when you rebook in December please inquire if we have any of those available.
Take Care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked this property on-line in advance of our holiday to San Diego. We arrived after a long international flight and drive from LAX and were allowed check-in a bit early. Had a room on level three that was very comfortable. The motel is reasonably new and the decor and cleanliness is excellent. Parking is free and easy out the front of the motel and there was a very nice pool area and restaurant, although we did not eat there. The staff were helpful and friendly and the price for three days was reasonable. Close to down town San Diego and as a bonus Squirrel are plentiful in the gardens at the rear of the motel and as I have not seen one before it was a bit of a treat. Lastly, the best feature was free and easy wi-fi internet. Marriott are streets ahead of Hilton in this regard. Well done Marriott Liberty Station. Negatives are hard to identify, perhaps the aircraft noise from the close San Diego Field but its not something that will be a real burden in my opinion. If you like ask for a room at the front of the motel. I would certainly stay here again on my next visit, I recommend the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at front of motel away from aircraft flight paths.
Norco, California, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I thought the hotel was very clean, friendly and in a good location! Loved the breakfast they serve for $12.50, my son who is 6 ate for $6.50 and the triplets ate for free (19 mo.) The rooms are very clean, you walk into a room and you know the cleaning staff takes pride in what they do! Also for a late night snack we had the banana bread pudding, it was decadent! The only thing I noticed is that there was no ventilation system in our bathroom. That I think was the only downfall. My family will definitely be back!

1 Thank Lisa C
Thanks for the review and the shout out to our housekeeping staff. You are correct, they do take a lot of pride in what they do and they do it well. We share these comments with the staff so both them and the kitchen crew will be excited to see them.
Don’t stay away to long
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We decided to go on a quick family vacation and try something different, to our luck on our way there our brand new car engine went out (YES BRAND NEW) after a rental and long hours by the time we got to the hotel our day was pretty much done and front desk girl found out about our car mission so she was nothing but understanding and accommodate us right away, even though our day had turned out to be a nightmare we were able to make the best out of it. Our kids went swimming in the pool, order food from the restaurant, by the way it was so good and the bartender (Jim) was awesome he made our day turn out to be a great one. The rooms are so nice and clean and the water view rooms are just so relaxing, we went the next day to Seaport Village which is only like 10-15 minutes away and Gaslamp District about the same distance.

We had to leave back to Arizona but our car stayed behind after 2 weeks we had to come back and pick up our car at the dealership shop and with no hesitation we decided without doubt to book this location again, as we checked in the front desk girl remember us and was very friendly, we decided to make this the trip that was interrupted last time and make the best of this, went downstairs and the bartender (Jim) once he saw us when we sat down he remember us as well and said I know what you guys want and started making our drinks, now that is what we called customer service. This location is by far the best we have stayed at and we travel quite often and stayed at multiple locations but we found our San Diego location and will definitely recommend it to all of our friends and family.

Thanks Guys

1 Thank lunavaca
I’m so sorry to hear about your car troubles. That is no way to start a vacation but I’m glad we were able to provide a little relaxation. We all agree the Jim is awesome and an important part of our team. I hope to see you again.
Madison Heights, Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was supposed to be a quick trip to San Diego for a wedding. It turned into an 18 hour day of weather delays, cancellations and airport frustrations. I called Marriott from Chicago with 'help'. I'm not landing until 1 a.m. The reservation desk was on it and within 5 minutes I had a room, directions from the airport and a reassurance of after 1 a.m. check-in was not a problem. And it wasn't. When i got there the midnight desk clerk had my reservation ready and called me by name when I atumbled in dragging luggage that had managed not to get lost. He was kind, helpful and cheerful. The room was clean, cool, and comfortable with lots of fluffy towels and hot water for a severely stressed traveler. A huge bed with lots of pillows and enough outlets to charge all the electronics made dropping into bed after 2 a.m. an easy thing.

The next morning breakfast at the buffet contained good selections, omelets to order and a full carafe of coffee on my table. Duncan, the day manager took care of getting me transportation further north with a quick phone call and San Diego van service was prompt and efficient. Between the Marriott and their quick van service I was back on track for the wedding;

Room Tip: It's a Marriott. They're all good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Toshua99
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We appreciate the 5star post and we were glad to assist in making what sounds like a very stressful finish on a high note.

I hope the next trip is little easier, but please visit us again.
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a week at this hotel and were very happy with the hotel and the location. Great walking area, and safe. Rooms were very clean and staff was super! My wife left her purse in the lobby by mistake and it was returned to us by Asst. Manager MacDonald. All her cash and credit cards were still in the purse. Honesty, is very important to us as retired school teachers, The loss of her cash and credit cards would have ruined our vacation. A big Thank You to Duncan MacDonald and Marriott. John K.

3 Thank JohnKusto
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate the feedback and discuss them all with our staff. I just glad we were able to get the purse back safe and sound.

Travel Safe and hope to see you again.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here for two nights this past weekend with family. I got a water view room with two queen beds on 4th floor right above the pool. We have two toddlers travelling with us, and the room's balcony facing waterfront/pool/park is an attraction on its own. The kids would not come inside the room...All the bird/boat/plane watching was just too much fun for them!
The hotel's facility is very neat and cozy. We love the decorations in the room. It actaully feels better than a Marriot SPA resort. Surprisingly we couldn't hear airplane noises at all inside the room even though the location is so close to the airport. Free parking is awesome. Even though there's not complimentary breakfast, I like the fact that they have a little deli providing inexpensive breakfast sandwich options for a quick bite before we go about our day.
The only thing that took one star off is the common area cleaness. I constantly saw little pieces of trash and dirt on the elevator carpet. Maybe it's because we have toddlers so I looked down quite a bit. Also when my husband was getting ice from the ice machine, my two-yr-old son accidentally put his hand inside the ice outlet. His hand was all black dirty and moldy when he pulled it out. We can imagine how dirty it must be inside the machine. The ice isn't meant for eating, and it's not a big deal to us. But a little more thoroughness towards cleaning would grant five stars to our overall experience.

Room Tip: water view room with balcony is awesome for kids
3 Thank ichenle
I glad that you enjoyed your stay, but want to apologize for the condition of the ice machine. We monitor them on a regular basis but obviously that interval needs to chance. It has already been addressed with our engineering department.
I do agree that we have an excellent location to use as you explore the rest of San Diego. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again.