“Great Value and Friendly Service”

Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
Ranked #28 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have to give a "shout out" to the Courtyard, San Diego Airport/Liberty Station and I don't do this often. My friend and I brought our daughters to the San Diego area to look at colleges and to play in a sports tournament. We got in late on Friday, checked in, and then Jim served us food and some great wine (for the adults). The first night, there was a lot of noise next to me but I talked to Gretchen. She quickly apologized and took care of me.... moved my luggage for me.
The breakfast (which was not included with my deal) was well worth the $12.... omelet bar and lots to choose from. Anna and Lisa waited on us and they are both lovely.
We requested late check out and they were able to accommodate us.
If my daughter attends a school in San Diego or I am back for any reason, I will not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was our group leader (for a group of 30 travelers) from Florida. We needed a convenient hotel to stay at for one night (before our nine-day cruise departed the next day). The front desk staff at this Courtyard was very prepared for our group check-in & we all quickly & effeciently received our room keys upon arrival here. All of the staff made us feel very welcome here & all employees would make eye contact & give a pleasant hello whenever we would pass in the lobby or hallways. The hot breakfast buffet (including a made-to-order omlette station) was excellent. Everyone in our group commented to me how much they enjoyed their stay here. This was certainly a great start to our ten-night West Coast adventure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was our second stay at this Courtyard. We love everything about this hotel: great location, free parking, free in-room internet and no "resort" fees. Our only complaint is the problem that we have had with noise coming from other rooms. During our first stay it was the room next to us with screaming and yelling at children and the second stay the room above us was having a loud party with all the usual yelling and stomping. The front desk did ask the to quiet down, which lasted about five minutes, but there was no follow-up and the party continud until close to midnight. Ask for a top floor room in the adults only section and enjoy your stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room in the adults only section and enjoy your stay here!
Reviewed May 20, 2013

As we frequently stay at Marriott/Courtyard hotels and have always been extremely satisfied with both accommodations and wonderful customer service, we stayed at this hotel for a family weekend 05/17-0519 from DFW. I am sorry to say this property was an exception, and not in a good way. Front desk staff gave impression they really were not at all interested in taking any time to respond to questions or requests, and seemed to be in a rush and not very professional. It did look like they were understaffed most of the weekend and there was a wedding reception on Saturday but really that is no excuse for such poor customer service. Boarding pass computer terminal and a printer were both out of order during our stay, and although we understand this can occur anywhere, it was the rude response received when we inquired about the problem. Also, upon entering our room Friday, we found empty water bottles on the floor of the bathroom behind the wooden towel table...never cleaned from previous guest? Although we were out of our room from early morning to about 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, our room had not been touched...trash full, no clean towels. I did request some from housekeeping staff we saw on our floor at 5:00 p.m.
The bright side: our breakfast server on 05/18 was kind, friendly and caring, as was our shuttle driver who took us to the airport on Sunday morning. San Diego was beautiful, zoo great, where we stayed....not good. Hopefully this was just a bad weekend for the property and our bad luck to be there at that time.

3  Thank Piscesislanddreamer
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have stayed at this Courtyard several times and every time I have been greeted with friendly faces and treated with excellent service. I have taken advantage of the free shuttle that drops you off at the airport, it is very convenient and the drivers are always nice. The manager Rick is an AWESOME guy. And I love love love the bartender, Jim, he makes a MEAN mojito :) Would recommend this Courtyard to anyone and everyone! And with Liberty Station recently acquiring a Stone Brewery, I might just have to pay this Courtyard another visit soon!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank downtownalliebrown
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had an absolute wonderful experience staying at this Courtyard Mariott. We would definitely stay here again and also recommend it to others. The staff were all soooo nice. Terry at the front desk was especially helpful with any questions we had and advice as to where to go and places to eat. Jim at the bar was a delight as well. The housekeeping staff was also wonderful as anywhere you went on the premises was very neat and clean and they were also very friendly.
Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for all your comments! Jim and Terry are wonderful employees and do a great job; glad they were able to help you out. Our housekeeping staff work hard to keep our hotel clean and will be thrilled that you noticed. We are happy your enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel was so nice and clean! We hung out at the pool almost everyday! Very relaxing place, staff was great, good happy hour, and Sandy the shuttle driver was the sweetest woman every!!! Thanks Marriott!

• Stayed: May 2013

I’m so happy to hear that you thought our hotel was Amazing!! Like you a lot of guests enjoy unwinding by the pool. Glad to see the comments about Sandy, we agree she is a great “first” impression for our hotel.