Marriott has become our First Choice when traveling and the Airport/Liberty Station Courtyard lived up to and exceeded our expectations! We underestimated the drive time to SD and called to let them know we'd be late, but were assured it was no problem. And after a smooth and friendly check-in, our party of four decided to eat a late dinner in the hotel instead of getting back into the car. We were not expecting much from a hotel eatery, but were pleasantly surprised with excellent crab sandwiches, crisp salads and what would prove to be the tastiest clam chowder of our entire week in So. California. The breakfasts proved to be very good as well, and the service fast and friendly. Our server's recommendations on sightseeing were top notch and much appreciated!
As to the rooms, we found them to be clean, comfortable and spacious enough for us. The second couple in our party told us that their bathroom fan wouldn't turn off, but I think that was their only issue.
The hotel sits next door to the Liberty Station Complex, a large and attractive area that once housed the Naval Training Center and now was home to shops, museums, and restaurants. There is huge open park area that lies along the inlet and it was ideal for walking and jogging. The outside seating area attached to the lounge provided a pleasant place to sit in the evening and enjoy a drink or two before dinner.
And I have to add that, like we have come to expect from the chain, the hotel staff here was friendly and welcoming and totally accommodating. Thanks, San Diego !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new waterfront Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station is nestled along the water just minutes from Downtown, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and the historic Gaslamp district. The hotel is adjacent to a beautiful 46-acre waterfront park with miles of waterfront trails. A fresh-stylish on-site restaurant, bar and deli offer multiple dining options with indoor and outdoor seating. Experience a modern destination combined with the rich history that can be found in Liberty Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Airport
- San Diego Courtyard