“Wow, Talk about hospitality”

Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
Ranked #33 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We partnered up with this Marriott location for business purposes and our experience was amazing. We are working on the new Stone Brewing project in liberty station and it was very helpful to have this great hotel within walking distance of the site. Upon arriving we were not only greeted by name by the front desk, but the GM, Director of Sales and Event Coordinator came by to say hello and it felt like the entire staff knew who we were and welcomed us very warmly to their hotel. The next morning during breakfast, the F&B director came by to introduce herself. Everyone was very accommodating to our needs and really made us feel at home. The rooms were spacious, the beds were very comfortable and the breakfast buffet had a lot of tasty options. We look forward to our next vist!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda5463
Duncan M, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

We like to make lasting impressions and it seems like we were successful. We are also looking forward to working with you and Stone Brewery as you get ready to join our Liberty Station family.

Travel safe and we’ll see you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I just stayed at this courtyard marriott this past week. Wow! What can I say. A really great experience top to bottom. This whole hotel does it right. I had booked my reservation through Rick who was just absolutely top notch. He made sure that my stay met my needs so that I was 110% satisfied. Not a single problem. Room's clean, front desk polite, whole building spotless, breakfast hot, gym clean, pool clean, jacuzzi warm, view fantastic, quiet, internet connection great, TV's new, housekeepers polite, amenities plenty, friendliness, parking great. I just had a really great time here and it is just a tranquil & beautiful place to stay. If you want a trip to San Diego to be an enjoyable experience, please contact Rick and the friendly San Diego crew that makes this Courtyard one of the very best out there!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoeO386

Our staff work very hard to make every guest experience special and I’m so glad were successful with your stay. We share all these comments with the staff so they will be excited to read about your stay.

See you soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Easy to print, copy and scan with the help of the staff. Very courteous and prompt inhelping get the job done. Great recommendations for restaurants and help helpful with directions. Located in within easy walking distance of a variety of shops and dining establisments

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate the feedback and I’m happy that we were able to make your stay less stressful.

Til next time.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Spent 4 nights here with my family. The breakfast buffet was delicious, omelets, waffles and everything else. The staff was very friendly and helpful.The kids loved the heated pool and hot tub. The location was great too, 15 mins from most major attractions in San Diego. The beds were very comfy and considering the location need the airport, it was not noisy at all. Would stay here again.

1  Thank micheletes

We appreciate the kind words and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. The kitchen will be happy to hear that you liked breakfast.

I hope you get the chance to come back and visit.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here 1 night, pre cruise. Airport shuttle is convenient but it would be better if they could take you to the cruise port as well! As a Marriott gold they offered an upgrade to a suite, but it was in a dark corner and basically looked at a wall - so we opted for a room with a view of the park. There is a walking path and it is close to a few restaurants. If you are staying more than 1 night, I would recommend a rental car. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I hope you had a great cruise. We would love to provide service to the cruise terminal, unfortunately the time requirements don’t allow us to service both the airport and cruise terminal without comprising service.

Have a great day

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We visited this hotel last weekend. We stayed in a king room with our 6 year old daughter. Our room faced the water.

Pros
- Nice location, playground and walkway closeby
- Close to the airport
- Decent breakfast, we booked with Marriott and went for a rate that included breakfast
- Efficient check-in, check-out. There were 2 bookings in the system for me (not Marriott's fault). This was dealt with promptly and with no fuss
- Little noise from adjoining rooms
- V comfy beds

Cons
The fan in the bathroom was continuous loud and seemed to be on a cycle whereby it got louder every so often. We asked could we change but we were told all rooms were the same. I find this hard to believe as I'm sure other guests would have noticed and mentioned it.
We were also close to the elevator plant room after specifically requesting a quiet room.

Would I go back? Yes if I didn't have a constant noisy fan.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I’m glad that over all you had a great stay but I would like to apologize for the fan issue. In reading your comments it sounds like we could have handled that better. We share all comments with our staff so we can continue to improve and this will be discussed.

I do hope to see you next time you’re in San Diego.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I got in late upon checking in but our rooom was held and ready to go. I booked about a month out which is always helpful. The shuttle wasn't running so we had to take a taxi. Taxi drivers might be reluctant to take the short trip but that is their problem...not yours! What was cool is that the location of this place is ideal, especially if you are going to get around by bike. You are right next to a bike trail that will take you right into downtown. The stay was great. Very nice rooms and cleaned up well each day. The cafe and restaurant are quality. No complaints with this one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Sounds like you were able to get out and explore the city. I agree that biking is a great option and we work with a great rental company.

Thanks again for staying with us.