“Outstanding meeting venue”

Ranked #26 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
McHenry, Illinois
“Outstanding meeting venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We held a two day customer training event at this facility. The banquet staff and food quality was on par with other hotels we've used in the 4 star category. The hotel is well appointed and the location is lovely overlooking the naval canal. Sleeping rooms are comfy and super clean. It was an outstanding facility for our meeting and we will return again. I recommend this hotel highly for all of your most important meetings and events. A+!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
HONOLULU
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I reserved 2 queen beds. We arrived at 11 pm, exhausted. They put us in a 1 king bed with a sofa bed. The sofa bed was so uncomfortable, 4 of us tried to sleep on the King bed. We tried to change rooms, but they had no 2 queen bed rooms available. They overbooked and gave away our 2 queen beds. Horrible night's sleep. I told the front desk and she gave me a look like "I honestly don't care." She had me pay the full price and offered no discount for not providing us the room we were promised.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Natasha Y
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I only stayed here one night but everything was great. The facility is a short ride from the airport which was important on this trip. The price was very reasonable. The front desk was efficient and friendly. The hotel seems to be new. My room was clean and there were no issues with it at all. I loved all of the outlets for cell phone chargers as I didn't have to scramble looking for plugs. I used the exercise room and it was quite nice with five treadmills, two ellipticals and various weightlifting equipment. Cold water was also available. I'd happily stay again.

Kaneohe, Hawaii, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Loved this hotels location. New area and safe. Jim the bartender made the best margarita I ever had. I saw a trip advisor sign in the lobby stating this so I had to have one. It was the best! Rooms a re large and clean. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark M
Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on a short business trip. Hotel is not new but is well-maintained. Reception staff were courteous and efficient. Hotel was busy when I was there. The hotel is tucked behind a shopping plaza with many stores and a wide variety of restaurants, and within a few minutes walking distance. The location is quieter than a downtown hotel, and relaxing. This Courtyard was very close to the San Diego Airport. Hotel offers a free 24 hour airport van. Call for a free pickup when arriving at the airport. Parking is free, My room was of standard size and had two queen-size beds. Public spaces in the hotel were pleasant. A bar adjacent to the lobby is open evenings. Hot food can be ordered from the hotel kitchen. A sit-down restaurant is across the aisle from the bar for a traditional dining experience. Prices are fair. Work out room had the standard aerobic equipment and some free weights, although the exercise room was larger than one normally sees in a hotel this size. Everything worked in my room. I was pleased with this hotel. I will look to return on future trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for a better view of San Diego.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here before an early flight out. Nice, clean rooms. Very quiet. Ordered room service, which was a great meal. Only complaint would be the thin walls. Would definitely stay here again. Shuttle was free and very convenient to airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station for five days in mid-September, 2012. The hotel is located at a quiet and beautiful area, with a spacious parking lot and parking is free compared to many other hotels in San Deigo that charge guests for parking.

The room was nice and clean, the housekeeping was prompt and nicely done, and the ladies at the front desk were courteous and professional. The room offered Keurig K-cup single brewer, so bring some of your K-cups if you have a favorite kind at home. The buffet breakfast was of good value (we had it every morning of our stay) and the free coffee and tea offered on one side of the lobby was such a friendly gesture of the hotel. We especially liked the terrace that led up to the lake because it's a great place for a stroll after a busy schedule during the day.

We are frequent travelers, both domestically and internationally, and we highly recommend this hotel to anyone who considers a trip to San Diego on business or for sightseeing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple