“loved the room and hotel”

Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
Ranked #24 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Scottsdale, Arizona
“loved the room and hotel”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

we were there for a wedding and found this hotel clean, modern, well appointed and in a great area...try it! the tv and channel options were great, the balcony wonderful, the quiet option lovely...we would go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lkrocks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We recently visited California and stayed at four hotels while we were there, the Marriott Courtyard San Diego Airport was by far the best location. It was clean, comfortable, great location, great service and the breakfast was very good with many options. I would highly recommend this hotel for any travelers business or family vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy763
Burbank, California
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had a very nice experience at the courtyard, from the walking distance to the nail salon,or to the sports bar on Sunday. It was perfect distance from the gas lamp district were we could catch a cab for a minimal price. My new spot in San Diego.

Room Tip: second floor balcony...A must
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissShawnie
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for several days and our experience was not so positive. The down fall was the interaction we had with housekeeping. They need to be retrained in cleaning and business professionalism. The housekeepers on our floor used foul language in Spanish As a Spanish speaker it was very offensive...to say the least.

Front Desk was on the other handle friendly and very helpful. Great location

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank L G
rick b, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
First and foremst, thanks for staying with us and giving us the feedback, both good and bad.

I'm embarrased to read that you had to hear some of my associates not being professional and felt that they didn't clean correctly. We have a great staff and a very clean hotel, but like anything, human beings will take a different path occasionally, unfortunately. I have shared your comments with the team and can assure you that they received the message loud and clear.

I sure wish you had told management at the time it happened so we could have done something immediately. I think you would have seen action taken swiftly and felt much differently upon your departure.

Thanks again, and all the best
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I took my boyfriend to San Diego for his birthday over the past weekend, and we chose to stay here because of the value and the location. Our experience here far exceeded our expectations. The hotel was located in a great, upscale neighborhood and is literally right on the bay with easy access to a large walking path that parallels the bay. It is also close to a great sushi place. The check-in time is 4pm, but we were permitted to check in early (it is possible they felt sorry for us after our drenching at Sea World!) We had a beautiful king suite on the 4th floor with a balcony and great view of the foothills and parking lot. Our room was clean and smelled fresh, and although we were there for pleasure, it had a great desk set up for a business trip. Our room came with complimentary breakfast buffets for 2 each day of our stay, and this was a great surprise. The cafe had an attendant making omelettes and Belgian waffles to order, and they had a great spread to include fresh sliced fruit, fried potatoes, and smoked salmon. We were thoroughly impressed by this hotel and all of its amenities. It will be our first choice for future trips to San Diego.

Room Tip: Ask for a 4th floor room with bay view, and book early.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tara T
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed in room 414 from 2012-08-28 through 2012-09-01. I checked the room thoroughly for pests/insects and found none. The room was reasonably clean, reasonably spacious, and comfortable. Television was a bit oddly placed but not a serious problem in any way. The bathroom was a bit narrow for my tastes.

The hotel is in the far back of a strip mall area, which is a bit odd. It's not walkable at all, but if you don't have a car, the hotel shuttles are willing to take you various places nearby the area, including to other nearby hotels. For example, I was attending a conference at the Sheraton Marina one mile away, and the hotel shuttle driver kindly drove me there and back again each morning & night, which I greatly appreciated! (It was this feature specifically that moved me from an Average to a Very Good rating.)

Hotel is slightly more expensive than I'd expect for what it is; I paid $210/night in August 2012, and would have expected $175/night would be a more reasonable price for what I got.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ouch!..."just" OK?! HA! Alright, I can take it...kind of. At least you can feel the level of service we provide each and every day. Our drivers are the very best out there, and I will make sre we celebrate your kind comments with them.

Thanks for the review, and come back soon!

Rick B
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Nice, clean rooms with free WiFi. Bathroom toiletries are of good quality & replenished. There is a Starbuck's in the hotel although it has a limited food menu. Nice location with several restaurants near by. There is a bar/restaurant also on site although we didn't eat there. Plenty of parking in a well-lit parking lot. Front desk staff was friendly & efficient. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business