“Our place in San Diego!”

Lucha Libre Gourmet Taco Shop
Ranked #128 of 4,989 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

First night in San Diego,around 11pm,wandering around hopelessly to find a place just to eat something! And what a gem we found: a very long queue in front of a small restaurant showed us it must be really something!
And it was! The burrito was absolutely delicious and full of flavor and the various choices of salsa with tortilla kept it a good company!
The atmosphere was really friendly with all those weird pics on the wall which I think it was kind of Mexican wrestling.
We went back there 3 more times in 6-day stay!

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Visited Lucha Libra tonight after seeing it on 'man v food' in the Uk. The burritos lived up to the hype, with tender, juicy, flavoursome meat and lovely fresh veggies and sauces. We had booked the Champions booth, which meant table service, but this is actually just a Taco shop, albeit a good one. It was very busy the while time we were there, with people queuing outside the door, but the service was actually quite quick. Parking is a nightmare but it is well worth a visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Amazing place - a lot of fun. I've never given an eatery where I've felt sick on exit 5 stars before....I took on the burrito and lost!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

being from Los Angeles I have high expectations to wait more than 30 minutes for good Mexican food. Don't get me wrong this place was decent but it was slightly overpriced and the food was no better than you can find at your average gourmet taco stand in Los Angeles

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is as good as it gets. The best tacos ! I got the "Man Vs Food " Beef and Shrimp and fries Burrito and could not , could NOT, belive how perfectly tasty it was. The employees were very friendly and although there was a long line it moved incredibly fast. Great place I will be Back !