“Excellent sandwiches and baked goods.”

Con Pane Rustic Breads & Cafe
Ranked #4 of 79 Bakeries in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Coronado, California
“Excellent sandwiches and baked goods.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is my favorite bakery in the San Diego area. The turkey cobb sandwich is worth the trip. All the pastries are delicious too. I can't come here often because I always bring home too much food. Highly recommend this place. The selection is limited but what they do have are all delicious

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank nadomom2

bay area, ca
“I love this place”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were visiting San Diego for a week and didn't discover this place until the last couple days of our vacation. Otherwise, we would've come here more than twice for breakfast! The first morning, I ordered the cinnamon roll with a cup of Mexican mocha. Delicious! My husband ordered a lemon scone with white chocolate icing I think. My 5 year old was happy dipping his french bread in his hot cocoa. The next day, we were flying back to Northern California and decided to take home some breads with us. I purchased their challah bread, a raspberry chocolate scone and their cranberry walnut bread. Everything was delicious. The staff there are very professional and very nice. It's too bad we don't have this cafe up where we live!

Visited February 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“Good Lunch - Breakfast Okay”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We ate here twice on a recent trip to San Diego. The menu is limited (mostly sandwiches for lunch and pastries for breakfast). Lunch was great -- the bread is first rate. However we weren't as crazy about breakfast -- the pastries were very plain tasting. I would definitely recommend for lunch.

• Visited February 2013
Burbank, California
“Best Bread in San Diego”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great bread especially the Kalmata and Rye. Take home several loaves and freeze them if you don't live close by. The dine in is less spectacular with laissez faire attitude on the servers.

Visited November 2012
Frankfurt, Germany
“Best Bakery EVER!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We love their bread! For us their sweets are a tad too sweet, but nevertheless very good. We have enjoyed eating there, or takin our breakfast to the park on the other side of the street. Roastbeef sandwich rocks!

Visited November 2012