“I enjoyed it much more than I expected”
Review of Puerto La Boca

Puerto La Boca
Ranked #321 of 4,749 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
San Diego, CA
“I enjoyed it much more than I expected”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This wouldn't have been my first choice restaurant but my friend wanted to go there and I bought a Groupon for it. I usually don't eat red meat but after tasting my friend's steak, it was absolutely delicious, tasty and succulent, so I decided to make an exception to my normal eating habits and order meat myself. Plus that's what the Argentines are known for, of course. I decided to have the lomito (filet mignon) sandwich. It was also very good. I had a ham and cheese empanada as an appetizer which was very good. I've spent time in Argentina so am a big fan of empanadas with different stuffings. The restaurant has several choices of stuffings for the empanadas.

Bonita, CA
“Argentinian dining in San Diego”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Referred by a friend. Nice Little Italy location. Live entertainment, great Argentinian wines at reasonable prices. Lots of good dishes to try. Always ask the waiter for the special we were very pleased with the appetizers and steak. Good value and we'll be back.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DeliciousArgentinianFood”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great ambiance, delicious food, nice entertainment, great service and delicious Argentinian Wine, from Mendoza. My husband and I enjoyed a nice evening out. I am so glad we found this Argentinian Restaurant in San Diego. As an appetizer, you have to try the Argentinian empanadas, one of my favorite. The restaurant decor gives a nice atmosphere, the tables are very close to each other. We sat outside and it is also a small space, but it is a great place.

San Diego
“A breath of fresh air to little Italy”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great Argentinian food and wine makes this small and intimate restaurant very different from all the Italian restaurants in the neighborhood. The way they serve, platters sitting over hot racks is something I have never seen before. It kept the food nice and hot while it was presented in family style. The amount of food is over the top when you order for two. The Argentinian wine selection is very good and the wait staff is very knowledgable. A great place to have dinner

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SanDiegoTravelingman
Santee, California
“Delicious meat cooked to perfection!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Enjoyed every morsel of the Beef Empanadas and my companion had Filet Mignon which she loved. The meat was scrumptious in both meals.
Tip... Unless you are a Sports fan and enjoy watching the game on TV while you eat, don't sit in the bar area. Very noisy. There is another room which has candles and atmosphere more conducive to a quiet meal. I have given it 4 stars only because the meal itself was excellent but the service was zero. Never even got my water refilled. They were pleasant enough but focused more on the games than the customers. Thank goodness the chef was in the kitchen!

• Visited June 2014