Hilton San Diego Bayfront
$339
$484
$350
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
Hilton.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$283
$260
$214
$151
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
5,295 results
All reviewspetco parkconvention centergaslamp districtpedestrian bridgevela restaurantthe fox sports grillcoronado bridgethe gas lamp districtcorner roomshort walkbay frontself parkingbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffethigh floorbaseball stadiumlarge hotel
Reviewed September 28, 2009

When a hotel is new you tend to overlook things. Yet this place already feels kind of 1970's gone all wrong. It feels like a big impersonal Las Vegas hotel that slipped into San Diego at night. The design feels almost like a hospital. there is no color anywhere. It is white on white on white. The rooms are bright and everything worked, but late at night our room had a lot of clunking and clanking noises (I'm assuming it as mechanical system noises). The drawers were too small to put anything in. There were no niceties. No minibar, No robes in the closet. Only the most basic amenities in the bathroom. A huge 30 story hotel with NO concierge lounge! No bill under the door the last day. The confusing garage is a LONG walk to the lobby. If you are going for a convention the location is pretty good. But, all in all, there are just so many really nice hotels in San Diego why settle for something that is just OK?

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Unfortunately I only was able to spend about 18 hours in the Hilton Bayfront - but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay for the short time I was there. I found the room to be quite stylish and well furnished. I'm pretty sensitive to hard/soft beds, but this one was really excellent, as were the pillows. The only comment I could make about the room - and this is really nitpicking - is that the shower nozzle was standard issue. Given the quality of the hotel, I really expected something more along the lines of a rainfall showerhead; but again this is a very minor point. I ate dinner in Vela and had a great dinner (king salmon). The tasting board appetizer - though expensive - was excellent and very substantial - for many, that would be a meal. I also had the breakfast buffet and while I wouldn't take my family there at $25/head, I felt the quality was very good with an extensive selection of breakfast items.

The only real issue I have with the hotel is their checkout policy. I'm not sure why they do it this way, but this is one of the few hotels I've stayed at where you don't receive the bill under the door. As a result, you have to actually go to the front desk and checkout. Given the size of the hotel, this could be a problem - as was the case when I stayed there. Quite a few people were trying to check out at the same time and with a flight to catch, I wasn't planning on burning 15 minutes standing in line waiting to turn in my room key.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Stayed here for 1 night and although this is a clean new property, I would consider elsewhere if you are having to pay the rack rate. Hotel is very nice, in a convenient area and offers beautiful views of the city and waterfront. I lucked out when the rate dropped so I re-booked a high floor water/city view for just over $100 a night with visa discount. Parking is $21.00 for self park so consider that into rate as well. The rooms were a bit small but appointed very well and had a great high def TV. Only problem, their tv menu service was out of order the entire night we were there so no movie night as planned (not all bad, guess we saved $15.00 by not ordering a movie!). All in all a good hotel but needs to work out its "new" kinks before I would consider again. For a business traveler I'm sure its fine, but a family hotel or someone on a tighter budget definitely look elsewhere as everything is a la carte.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Stayed here recently. The hotel was pretty nice, the rooms are decent and were pretty clean. It is a relatively new hotel so it was modern and had a nice HDTV in the room. Great for watching football or other games if that is your thing.

The views from here of the water are pretty nice. In the bottom of the hotel there is a Starbucks so you can get coffee in the morning. Also you can take a nice walk along the seaport.

They are building a pedestrian walkway that will connect you right next to the Ballpark, once that is done it will be a bit better. But overall you are only a 5-10 min walk from the Gaslamp District for food and shopping.

Bring your own water, it is like $4.50 in the room and vending machines want $3.50 for a drink. So I suggest you bring your own water and/or drinks. Self parking was $21.00 a night. Which is about the average rate for the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Just returned from a quick one night stay at this hotel on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. We are just a short drive away from San Diego, as we live in Orange County - but love to come downtown and enjoy the night.

We got this hotel Sunday morning at $84 a night (AAA Rate) - and I was sold! While it is a few steps further than the hotels IN the gaslamp quarter, this hotel was absolutely beautiful.

We checked in, got a room with two queen beds, and went to OdySea (the bar) and enjoyed great drinks with a beautiful view of the Bay.

The room was great, people complain about parking - but it is in downtown San Diego, $21 for the night is not much more than you would pay anywhere else down there. I loved that there is a Starbucks downstairs - I walked down in the morning to get some coffee.

The beds are SO comfortable...nice flat screen LG TV...I have no complaints.

For the price and the location - it can't be beat. It's much better than the more trendier hotels that can run you 199+ a night.

Also, we didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool, but it is absolutely beautiful! We have already booked our stay to come back in 2 weeks.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends