5,605 results
All reviews convention center gaslamp district petco park pedestrian bridge vela restaurant the fox sports grill coronado bridge the gas lamp district corner room bay front short walk self parking beautiful hotel breakfast buffet high floor baseball stadium attending a conference
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Fantastic hotel with great views of the bay and city. I have stayed at this hotel a few times and the rooms are always very quiet - never hear door slams or water running through the pipes from other rooms. I highly recommend the Spa. The pool is heated and clean without an overwhelming chemical smell. The restaurant and bar are also quite nice but avoid the food at the Sports bar attached to the hotel - it is fine for a drink but the extra cost for the hotel food is well worth it. The hotel gift shop is also very good and has the things you were most likely to forget (umbrella, tooth brush, etc). My only complaint is that there is not much (ANY?) warning about the 20% gratuity that is applied to everything. I have no issue with a 20 % gratuity as the service was always well worth it but there is no warning so one can easily end up paying a 40% gratuity - which can also be OK in some instances but I'd like to know about it before I get my receipt back. The staff is very accomodating. I had already checked out of my room and had some time before catching a plane so I asked a staff member if I could still go for a swim. The reply was "Of course, you are here until you leave!" - they really live up to that motto with excellent accommodating serivce from foot-in to foot-out the door.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I checked in to the hotel to find that the bathroom light wasn't working. I called front desk for help. Omar Limon did a great job of getting someone to fix it right away. I was tired from traveling and the last thing I wanted was to have to wait to shower because there was no light. Omar apologized and followed up to make sure I was taken care of.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. Every inch of this place is beautiful. The bayfront is spectaular, the service is pretty awesome, the rooms are quiet and spacious. Almost every room has a good enough view. Everything is pretty pricey, but you should be expecting that when coming to a hotel that's owned by Hilton and is by the bay. This place exceeded expectations.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Overall, it was a pleasant stay. The thermostat is set to a lowest at 65F. It should be set a little lower for some people who like it colder.The Jacuzzi is great and so is the pool. The coffee pot is really bad. The rooms and bathroom were clean and room service wasn't lacking either but with the amount of money that we paid i need to see more amenities (microwave,mini-bar). The food and water to order was way over-priced.Hotel has a great location, close to the Gas lamp quarters and the green line transit (access to La-Jolla)
Its a neat and pleasant place to stay and relax in a peaceful environment with a great view!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2013

and stayed in room 2544, a pure room. Room was very basic, no robe was provided. The air purifier in the room was MUCH louder than the AC and the lights on it made it impossible to leave running overnight. I couldn't get the room cool enough for me but I like it cool and this isn't unusual in hotels.
Breakfast service was VERY poor but I only used twice.
The Concierge was the most impressive I've ever met. She took multi tasking to a whole new level. VERY well done!

Excellent location and very easy walk into Gas Lamp.

Room tip: dont pay for pure room - useless waste of time and the machine is loud and too bright!
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were thoroughly impressed with our efficient and accommodating concierge team. I am sincerely sorry to hear that the air purifier in your room was disturbing and an inconvenience to you. In the future, please be sure to let us know and we would be happy to make alternative accommodations if possible. I am also very sorry that the service you received during breakfast was not what you were expecting. I will be sure to relay your feedback to our Director of Food and Beverage so that your concerns may be addressed. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit.