“Great Location in San Diego”

Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Ranked #76 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed October 14, 2013

September 20, 2013.
Decided to take a long weekend and stay in San Diego. Booked the Hilton Bayfront in San Diego. Not sure what room type to book, we chose a "bridge/port" view. When we checked in the desk agent offered to upgrade us to what he said was a better room on a better floor (Bay side view or Gas Lamp Quarter view). We took the upgrade ($20/night) and what a spectacular room!

The Bridge / Port view looks out at Coronado Bay Bridge, but also looks down at the Port of San Diego which is not such a great view. Take the Bay / Gas Lamp view instead.

We were on the 22nd floor, overlooking Sea Port Village, the bay, the San Diego Convention Center, the Gas Lamp District, and Petco Park ( I could read the scoreboard from my hotel room). We enjoyed the Friday evening fireworks show at Petco from the comfort of our room. Looking out our window was like having a HUGE wide screen TV. People watching on the boardwalk below and watching boats on the bay was entertaining.

The hotel staff is very friendly and attentive and the hotel is very clean. The rooms are well appointed, clean, and comfortable.

The Check-in Line was long, but moved fairly fast. The front desk added more agents to move the line along. We went to the Hilton Honors line which was much shorter and checked in quickly.

Arriving at the hotel, unload your luggage with the bell hop staff and go park your car. You can valet also. The parking garage is right next to the hotel and is easy to get in and out. NOTE: Parking is very limited in San Diego, so you will pay a daily fee to park at the hotel. The fee allows in and out privileges.

Restaurants in the hotel are limited, but there are so many other choices located a few blocks away in the Gas Lamp District.

The outdoor bar and salt water pool are very nice and the food in the outdoor bar is very good.

There is so much to do in San Diego you're sure to enjoy. We visited the Air and Space Museum and had lunch in Balboa Park (a shot 5 min drive from the hotel).

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Bayfront and hope you do too.

Room Tip: Opt for the Bay / Gas Lamp District side of the hotel (overlooking the Convention Center). Vies fr...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gflores714
There are newer reviews for Hilton San Diego Bayfront

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I do not write surveys because like to spend my time with other things.
But after one week staying in this hotel I noticed something that is essential in a place like Hilton in this specific location.
Our stay was perfect till one day staying at swimming pool I lost my reading glasses. Not a big thing you call lost and found and if somebody drop them there you can get them back or go to CVS and buy for less than 10 bucks.
After you call lost and found somebody answers at the other side and says that we do not have them. That is OK. But you want somebody to take care and ask your room number and name if somebody find what you asked. Nobody asked for that in two phone calls.
Next day you enjoy sun at the nice pool and something strange on view. One couple having a good time on that pool. Nothing wrong you will say. Same couple we noticed next day was seating outside in park peddling. I called security and explained that unauthorized people are using swimming pool. Again somebody answered that will notice his boss.
Be careful in this place security is breeched…

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank B B
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to San Diego. I am happy to hear that you loved your stay and that you were able to take advantage of all the amenities we have to offer our guests. I am sincerely sorry to hear that your reading glasses were lost and that our security team was unable to locate them for you. Also, to ease your concerns, there was not a security breech with people at the pool. We do allow local, outside guests to enjoy our pool and outdoor lounge, The Pool Club, anytime other than designated holidays. I want to assure you that you have nothing to worry about and everything is safe and secure. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on a future visit.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have stayed here 3 years in a row for a business meeting. The lobby is open and welcoming. I arrived after midnight and room service was closed but the front desk offered me some starbucks sandwhiches at no charge. The rooms are very comfortable and I really like the stall shower over a bath tub shower. The location is very convienent for restaurants in the gas lamp district. The walkway across the road is very convienent. My only wish is that they had put a fridge into each room. It is not cheap....but it is quality.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent 5 star review. I am pleased to hear that this visit was your third in a row and that you are still just as impressed as you were on your first stay. I am ecstatic to learn that you were greeted with open arms and that our team made sure that you felt welcome and we were able to accommodate you with something to eat on your late arrival. I am happy to hear that you appreciated our convenient location on the bay and within walking distance to all the best the city has to offer. Thank you for your review and we hope to be your hotel of choice on your next San Diego visit.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is my first time at the Hilton San Diego. Make sure you go during weekdays so rate is cheaper than weekend. Much cheaper. The hotel is fairly new and the location is perfect right next to the beach. I was Hilton gold member so I got some free perks like free internet, water and upgraded room. If you don't have the card just go to priceline.com and bid and you can probably get a good deal.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Check in is always the first, and should be the best, impression. Cyrus is who greeted me upon arrival at the check in counter and he was very friendly, considerate and had an awesome attitude. He took care of everything including my hopeful request for a nice view...WOW! Was it ever a room with a view, more like penthouse view. The way the Hilton San Diego Bayfront is situated on the waterfront, it seems likely there would be fantastic views from most rooms but I felt like I was living high, on the 15th floor, with incredible views of the skyline and harbor. The room was so great I didn't want to leave, but I had to meet the boss for dinner and go to the conference the next day. The bathroom is clean and spacious with a walk in shower and the beds are very comfortable. He offered choices for dining near the hotel and I settled on the hotel restaurant. He quickly called in for a reservation. I highly recommend this hotel, not only for the cleanliness and comfort, but for the excellent first impression, Cyrus, upon arrival.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandi2Sierra

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. I am ecstatic to learn how wonderful Cyrus was and that his amazing service made your stay that much more memorable. I am so glad that he was able to accommodate your request for a guest room upgrade and that you were very impressed with the spacious and comfortable room you received, especially the beautiful views. I am pleased to know that your first impression of the hotel was 5 star and that in part went to the outstanding service you received. I will be sure to give Cyrus the special recognition he deserves for providing amazing customer service. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My organization had a conference there, and we were very pleased with the loveliness of the hotel and setting, convenience to the Gaslamp Quarter, and service of the staff. The views are amazing, and seeing the water outside of our meeting space just added to everyone's feeling of relaxation. Hotel staff are efficient and unobtrusive--very helpful and accommodating! Rooms are spotless and comfortable. WiFi is good, even on the top floors. One aspect of the hotel that is outstanding is the catering department--some of the best hotel food I've ever had.

Room Tip: HIgher floors have an amazing view, and the elevators are speedy, quiet, and not crowded.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so happy to hear how great your conference went and that all aspects of it were seamless. I am pleased to know that you were impressed with the efficient and friendly service that you received from the entire team and that you loved the delicious food from our culinary team. I am pleased to know that you appreciated our convenient location on the bay, close to all the best the city has to offer and that you were overall very happy with your stay. We look forward to seeing you again and hosting your next event.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Was in San Diego for a conference September 22-25. Upon arriving, I asked for a upper floor. Not only did I get a room on the 22nd floor, I got a corner room! Great views of downtown San Diego and the Coronado Bridge. Good size room and clean. Well maintained grounds. All staff are courteous and helpful. Conference venue was also great!This hotel is a short walk away to the Gas Lamp District and Petco Park, and directly on the boardwalk. Parking is expensive however at $25 a day. Will recommend.

Room Tip: Upper floor corner rooms (I was in 2266)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review and for your recommendation to our future guests. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you were thoroughly impressed with your guest room as well as the beautiful views of the bay and city skyline. I am happy to know that you were impressed with the property as a whole as well as the efficient and friendly service you received from the team. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.