“Beautiful new remodeled hotel in heart of SD”

Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Ranked #74 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Santa Rosa, California
“Beautiful new remodeled hotel in heart of SD”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel will be fantastic when the remodel is finished! its an incredible location, with proximity to the Gaslamp, ball park and convention center. The lobby and the rooms have been updated and are very sophisticated, and the pool and bayfront remodel should be awesome. We will likely stay again. The Valet service is excellent, but the restaurant service late at night was somewhat lackluster, and we were supposed to get 2 queen beds, but they are really full size.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to know that you are so excited to see our brand new backyard once completed. You will be happy to know that our pool and kids pool are now open, and The Pool Club-A Siren’s Call opens April 1st. The next time you come for a visit, please check out our new backyard and the new and exciting menu at The Pool Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel has a very good location as it is close to the Gas Lamp district, the convention center and is on the bay. The hotel has a nice fitness center and there is a good area for walking and running next to the hotel. There was some construction happening at the hotel at the time we stayed there so that was a little inconvenient, but the bar/outdoor area they are working on should be a solid addition once it is complete.

The rates at this hotel vary depending on what conventions, etc are happening in San Diego at the time of your stay, but overall I consider it a reasonable rate with good accommodations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed February 25, 2013

On the positive side, the location was great! The room was a little dated but, not a deal breaker as it was clean...Somewhat disappointing was the fitness room & even more so...we found out when we arrived that the pool was closed for renovation...However, the stunning view from our room made up for everything! Waking up to or coming back to the breathtaking view of the bay was GREAT & Priceless!!!

Room Tip: We opted for a queen/double bed room on the 18th floor for an AMAZING/BEAUTIFUL view of the bay as o...
St Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is a great location right next to the San Diego convention center and close to the Padres baseball stadium too. The elevators are split by floors which helps with speed. However it was the first time I've experienced people having to frequently get off the elevator because there was too much weight. There was no one unusually heavy on, just a bunch of women! The hotel was very clean, service was great and food was excellent! Beautiful path to walk along the bay too! No complaints!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated our split elevator system offering the most efficiency for our guests. I am pleased to know that you found the property clean and inviting and that you loved the food you had while visiting. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton San Diego during a week in San Diego to catch some San Diego Padres baseball games. Great location as it is near Petco Park and close to the Gaslamp District. As well it is located right along the water and the port.

The hotel staff was great. I showed up early and my room was not quite ready...but they found me an alternative room and gave me free internet.

The outdoor pool and hot tub were both amazing and had a great view of port of San Diego.

Great food was conveniently located in the hotel in the form of the Fox Sports Grill. A great place to watch sports and to grab great food and drink.

The Hilton San Diego Bayfront was GREAT!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank androidmilf
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your amazing review and for choosing to stay with us during your baseball getaway weekend. I am happy to know that you loved the convenient location of the property situated on the bay and directly adjacent to Petco Park and the downtown Gaslamp Quarter. I am pleased to know that you found all the hotel staff courteous and accommodating that you loved the dining options we have available on property. Thank you for your feedback and I hope we see you again this year for some baseball action.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2013

It was a big surprise about how poor this hotel is for a Hilton property. The service was terrible, the hotel was spartan, the construction work get me awake at night and bathroom for dirty and toilet did not work well!

Room Tip: Simply stay somewhere else
3 Thank Brian B
Thank you for your candid review. I am sincerely sorry that you were unhappy with your visit. I would like to discuss in further detail what aspects of your visit were lacking and what we can do to fix those issues. Can you please email me at katie.ellison@hilton.com. Thank you.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I just had an excellent experience at the Hilton Bayfront. As a Hilton Diamond for many years, I have stayed at hundreds of Hilton properties all over the United States and Europe and have grown accustomed to having to trade-off excellent service in exchange for prime locations at mega-size properties like the Bayfront. When I saw the size of the Bayfront and knew it was sold-out, I did not have high expectations.

However, this experience was totally different and it was all positive! The check-in staff was friendly and explained to me that as a Diamond I was receiving an upgraded view room overlooking the Harbour, a free breakfast, free wi-i and an appetizer at the bar.

My room was spectacular with an unobstructed view of the waterfront and yachts. And,after two nights, I realized that it was one of the quietest rooms that I had ever stayed in despite a very full hotel. I could hear nothing from the adjacent rooms or hallway.The room also had
an air purifier unit that kept the room smelling very fresh and clean.

I also thought the breakfast buffet was an outstanding value when combined with the discount voucher I received for being a Diamond. I ordered an omelette and the ingredients were very fresh and flavorful. The fresh fruit was also very high quality and service was very attentive.

I also really enjoyed being able to walk along the waterfront in front of the hotel and had quick access to the nearby GasLamp restaurant district.

This was an excellent stay and the management team and staff is to be commended for doing an outstanding job of anticipating the needs of the business traveler at this location. I can't wait to come back again in the future.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a more expansive view of the water. If you want a bath-tub, ask for one as ma...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your stellar review and for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests. I also want to thank you for your loyalty as a HHonors member and let you know that we truly appreciate your business. I am very happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with the exceptional service that you received from such a large and sold-out hotel property. We pride ourselves in making sure that each and every guest gets individualized attention throughout their stay no matter whether we are full or not. I am glad that you enjoyed all the amenities you received for being a valued HHonors member and that you enjoyed the delicious breakfast buffet at Vela. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.