“Easy walk to Gas lamp”

Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Ranked #76 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and son. Property is clean and new. Staff is friendly and helpful. Great location given easy walk over bridge to the baseball field and Gas Lamp District area. Can walk out of the hotel and go jogging along the waterfront. would stay again

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your recent review and for choosing to bring your family here for a visit. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the property and that you found it clean and inviting. I am overjoyed to know how friendly and accommodating all the staff was during your stay and that you loved our convenient location situated on the bay and just short walk to all the best San Diego as to offer. We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I agree with most of the other comments. Was there after Christmas, a family party occupying four rooms on different floors. Only one was ready at checkin time after 3pm. The views were great but this hotel is not really suitable for non business guests and convention goers. The pedestrian bridge is quite a hike to get over into town where there are restuarants etc. and parking charges are very high in town and at the hotel. Strictly a fly in,attend to business and fly out place to spend the night. All the interesting parts of San Diego were not within walking distance and there was nothing much to do other than strolling along the waterfront near the convention centre .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aileen c

Thank you for choosing to stay with us over the holidays and for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit and the beautiful views of the bay and Coronado Island. I am very sorry that your room was not ready upon your arrival, but I assure you that our staff does their best to ensure that all rooms are ready for guests when they arrive. I am sincerely sorry that you felt the property was a little more removed from downtown than you would have liked, but we are situated in a prime location right on the bay with unobstructed views and just a short walk to Seaport Village, Petco Park, and the downtown Gaslamp Quarter. We are also very close to the trolley line which can take you to a variety of locations around San Diego for a conveniently affordable rate. Thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you return for a visit on your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel is clean but they nickle and dime you for everything, even Wifi. Park my BMW 750 at vallet for $40.00 a day and when i got my car my 22 inch Rimms were all scrapped up on the side. Good thing i caught it and made a claim with the vallet company. What a major inconvenience. Dont think I will be coming backagain. So many more choices around the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am sincerely sorry for your experience and that you were unhappy with our valet services. I want to make sure that everything was handled with your claim and that this situation was rectified. Can you please email me directly at katie.ellison@hilton.com so that we can further discuss your visit. Thank you.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Good hotel which has queen size beds instead of doubles. Like other hotels nearby. Stayed for 3 days around xmas on the 20th floor with views of the coronado bridge. Service was good check-in was quick and painless. But the charge about 30 a day to park and another 25 for Internet. So this needs to be figured into price.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your holiday vacation in San Diego. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as the beautiful views of the bay and Coronado Island. I am happy to learn that you found the service friendly and efficient and that you were pleased with your stay. I am very sorry that our parking fee was higher than you would have liked, but our conveniently located parking garage, has a fee comparable to other hotels and parking facilities in the downtown area. Also, we do offer complimentary wifi in our Vela Restaurant, Odysea Lounge, Starbucks, and Fox Sports Grill, as well as iPads in Odysea for our guests to use. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Concierge would rather correct you then help you with the situation. As a customer we do not know the concierge's role. It is up to them to enlighten us. Not be condescending. Parking is not not very organized. Hold onto your ticket stub even after you pay or you will have to pay again on exiting. Parking garage is a nightmare if you dont have your stub. Again, not very helpful to guests. Too bad, love Hilton but this place doesn't flatter.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for your recent review and for choosing to stay with us. I am sincerely sorry that you felt that our concierge was not as helpful as you would have liked. I want to assure you that our staff does everything in their power to ensure that they help each and every guest as much as possible. Our staff tries their best to meet all our guests’ needs to the best of their abilities. I am sorry that our parking garage was confusing to you and that you felt frustrated. At no point do I want any of our guests to feel frustrated during their visit and I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced. In the future, please ask any of our staff for their assistance, and they will be happy to help. Thank you and I hope you choose to visit us again on your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Waited an hour to check in. Room not cleaned at check in of 7:30pm. Still not ready at 10:30pm. Had to speak to manager. The next day room not ever cleaned despite calls to front desk. Had to chase down housekeeping just to get clean towels. Won't ever stay here again. Shameful too because the hotel itself is gorgeous.

Room Tip: This hotel double books. Beware of long waits for a room and no housekeeping
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to San Diego and for taking the time to share your experience. I am extremely sorry and embarrassed that you had such a negative experience during your stay. I never want any of our guests to feel frustrated or dissatisfied during their stay and I certainly do not want them to feel so upset that they do not want to stay with us again. I am very sorry that upon your arrival your guestroom was not ready that your request to get your room cleaned went unanswered. I would like to discuss your visit in further depth to see what we can do to fix the situation. Can you please email me directly at katie.ellison@hilton.com so we can further discuss your visit. Thank you.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We checked in very late our first night and they didn't have any king beds left. The next day they switched our room and gave us a free upgrade to a bayfront view. The restaurant, Vela, is a bit pricey but the food is very good. Starbucks, Fox Sports Grill, and Sweet Things frozen yogurt are great additions on the first floor. The location is great, one block to Petco Park and two blocks from Gaslamp and the water taxi to Coronado.

Room Tip: Try for a higher room on the bayside.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent 5 star review and for choosing to stay with us on your trip to San Diego. I am pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated your complimentary upgrade to a bay view guestroom. I am delighted to know that you loved all the delicious food options we offer our guests on property and that you were happy with our convenient location on the bay and within walking distance to Petco Park, Seaport Village, and the downtown Gaslamp Quarter with a variety of shops and restaurants. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.