“One problem after another!”

Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Ranked #76 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Really like the facility, but we had one problem after another. Told that our room wasn't ready upon check-in, so we killed 2 hours waiting. Then we were told it had been a mistake...romm was ready after all. While waiting, we at at Vela. Beer was warm, soup was cold and service was slow. I can chalk that up to Christmas Day, but then it got worse. They forgot..somehow..to clean our room the next day, which we noticed at 4:30pm. Took 2 calls to Anota, the Mgr on Duty to get the room serviced by 7pm. I find busy signals and no response from Giest Services and Housekeeping to be unacceptable. As a Diamond+ HHonors member, this will not go unreported to either Hilton or the franchisee.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing to stay with us during the holidays. I am sincerely sorry about the issues that you experienced and that you were inconvenienced during your visit. At no point do we want any of our guests to feel uncomfortable or frustrated while at the property and we want to ensure that every guest is happy with their stay. I would love to speak with you further about your stay and see what we can do to rectify the situation. Can you please email me directly at katie.ellison@hilton.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed one night at Hilton San Diego Bayfront on a side trip to SD from LA. We got a fabulous rate-$105-so it would be hard NOT to be impressed. Our room was attractive, clean, service was fine. There is a Starbucks around the corner and a little sweets' shop with board games etc and outdoor tables where you can hang out. But this is a big box hotel for sure. It's there for conventions and business travelers. So while it's totally convenient via car to lots of stuff, it's not itself in an especially desirable area for tourists. I would not hesitate to stay here on business or for a brief trip to SD, but if this is your one and only time here you might want something more picturesque and beachy. That said, if this is where you end up, it's a fine place. The pool was under construction, but it sounds like it will be lovely when it's done.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your candid review and for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to San Diego. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the rate you received and that you were impressed with your clean and comfortable guestroom. I am happy to know that you enjoyed all the amenities we offer our guests and that you found our location conveniently located next to the San Diego Convention Center, Petco Park, and the downtown Gaslamp Quarter with a variety of shops and restaurants. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I invite you back to visit us this Spring to see our fabulous new backyard…you won’t be disappointed. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was in Hotel for 4 days for my business trip. Service was good in this hotel. View from the room is nice. Please ask for Sea view room. The customer service was excellent, You can do late check out also. They provide shuttle for airport also. its a good advantage.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent visit. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay while here on business and that you loved the stunning views of the bay directly from your guestroom. I am delighted to know that the service you received throughout your stay was impeccable and that you appreciated the amenities we provide our guests. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you during your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here for a conference and it is very convenient being adjacent to the convention centre. It is right on the harbour and the views are great. Rooms were spacious and confortable. Easy walking distance to the gaslight quarter, restaurants and shopping. staff friendly and helpful. it is not cheap but good for its purpose.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. I am glad to know that you found the property perfect for your needs during your conference and that you appreciated our location directly next to the San Diego Convention Center. I am delighted to know that you were comfortable throughout your stay and that you loved the beautiful views of the bay directly from your guestroom. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Spent a week here for a meeting. Typical of a mid-high end busines hotel, 4 star not 5. Great food at lunch each day, good rooms, good location. Only a short walk to Gaslight District, short cab to airport. Exercise room with windows, sunlight and view to water, which is good.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review and for sharing your feedback with our future guests. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the property and that you were comfortable during your week long stay. I am delighted to learn that you loved the food we provide our guests and that you appreciated your comfortable and spacious guestroom as well as our convenient location close to all the best San Diego has to offer. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here one night park our van here for 12 days and it was like staying for free when you consider the price of parking at the airport. Plus we enjoyed the hot tub and heated swimming pool eventhough we stayed in November.

Room Tip: Every room had a harbor view very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review. I am pleased to learn that you loved your stay and that you appreciated our conveniently located property close to the San Diego International Airport as well as the downtown Gaslamp Quarter with a variety of shops, restaurants, and nightlife. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our bay side pool and hot tub and that you had a memorable stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next stop in San Diego.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a fairly nice place to stay. I happened to go to San Diego when it wasn't sunny and warm and I decided to stay in one night and eat in my room. The entrees are priced the way you would expect for room service, but I was shocked to find that my order of hot tea cost me 12 dollars. I think that is way more than it should cost to bring me a pot of hot water and a couple of tea bags, but maybe that's just me. I was attending a convention and it is close to the convention center which is great and close to the Gas Lamp district which is also a great place to visit. I was also surprised to find that wifi would be extra. I tried to use the AT&T Hotspot, but the hotel website autocorrects the login and makes it incorrect, so I had to call AT&T. That fixed the problem temporarily, but the wifi signal was inconsistent throughout my stay there.

Room Tip: The whole Bay view idea is kind of a bust. I could see the bay, but my room mostly looked out over t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review and for choosing to stay with us during your trip to San Diego. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated our convenient location next door to the San Diego Convention Center as well as just a short walk from the downtown Gaslamp Quarter, Petco Park, and Seaport Village. For future reference, we do offer complimentary wifi in our common areas including Odysea, Vela, Starbucks, and Fox Sports Grill for your convenience. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.