“Pleasant”

Ranked #75 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Flemington, New Jersey
“Pleasant”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had a great stay. Room was spacious. From my window I saw a glimpse of bay and a train yard (I didn,t notice any noise) wish my boys were with me. They could watch trains for hours. Very nice tasty breakfast buffet. Convenient meeting rooms. Pleasant uneventful trip.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank natah
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with our future guests. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were happy with your spacious and cozy guestroom complete with amazing views of the bay and downtown. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast buffet and hopefully next time you can bring your boys back so that they can enjoy the trains as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hope, Maine
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Everything about this facility was beautiful and enjoyable. The service was excellent, the room was beautiful and comfortable, and the adjacent food establishments were very convenient for this business traveler. Very nice views of the bay.

The one caveat is that Bayfront is situated very close to some industrial loading docks. One night we were awoken in the middle of the night by very loud beeping from loading equipment that was apparently working to load or unload a container ship. Other than that the experience was excellent.

Room Tip: If you choose a room away from the water side, you'll probably avoid any noisiness from the indu...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff B
Thank you for your recent review. I am excited to hear how much you loved your stay and that you found the property beautiful and enjoyable. I am overjoyed to know that you found the service to be impeccable and that you were very comfortable in your modern and spacious guestroom. I am pleased to learn that you appreciated our close proximity to a variety of fantastic dining options; including the various options we have on property, prefect to appease any appetite. I sincerely apologize that you were disturbed by the nearby ships at the Dole marina as we do not want any of our guests to be inconvenienced at any time. I am happy that overall you loved the property and I hope you come back for a visit again soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The location is nice, right along the bay, the rooms were spacious. We valet parked, and service was wonderful. The bellhops got us our luggage quickly and were very nice. The location of the hotel is right next to the Gaslight District, which is a historical area of the city, with lot's of burger, and steak joints, along with plenty of bars. The walk across the bridge is leisurely and the view of the bay is beautiful. The price for the value was also great.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor, the price difference is minimal.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review and for choosing to stay with us on your trip to San Diego. I am delighted to know that you loved the convenient location of the property and that you were impressed with the gorgeous views of the bay and downtown. I am happy to know that from the moment you arrived the service was impeccable and that all of our staff provided you with outstanding customer service. I am glad that you appreciated our proximity to so many delicious restaurants and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay while in America’s Finest City. I hope you return for a visit soon.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our room had beautiful views of the city and bay. Typical room with nothing worth noting. Hotel itself was beautiful and very modern. Spa was wonderful. Walking distance to the Gas Light District and PetCo stadium.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am ecstatic to hear how much you loved the beautiful views of the bay and the city directly from your guestroom. I am delighted to know that you were impressed with the modern aesthetic of the hotel and that you loved our wonderful Spa Aquazul. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Seattle/DC
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here when in town for a nearby wedding. The hotel looks out over the convention center, and feels like a nice business hotel. It was close enough to easily walk to other waterfront and Gaslamp area hotels. We did not have any of the noise issues the other reviews mentioned, and our room had a phenomenal view of the water. The only significant negative comment is that if you are on a higher floor, the wait time for an elevator was ridiculously long (more than 10 minutes) during peak periods. For Hilton diamond members hoping for a free breakfast, the hotel simply hands you Starbucks vouchers. Even on a weekend, the line at Starbucks went out the door.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review. I also want to thank you for your loyalty as a HHonors member and let you know that we appreciate your business. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the convenient location of the property close to all the best San Diego has to offer. I am delighted to know how much you loved the beautiful views of the bay and Coronado Island directly from your guestroom. I apologize that the wait for the elevator was longer than you would have liked and that the line at Starbucks was a bit long as well. I will let our operations team know and see what we can do to rectify your concerns. We hope to see you on your next trip to San Diego.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel had one of the best locations in San Diego, walking distance to the ballpark and bay attractions (USS Midway, Harbor, Embarcadera museum, etc), with incredible room views. The hotel had a nice pool with plenty of room for anyone to get a chair, however the pool usually faced a new cargo ship everyday. I heard the service here wasnt great and unfortunately I have to agree. When I checked in I had to wait about 10 minutes for anyone at all to show up at the front desk. Being a larger hotel, it was very busy and difficult to attend to individual guest needs. The Breakfast was awesome, great selection and omelette staion. The fitness center was also very good- Overall, a little pricey but I would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Its worth the upgrade to the corner room for double window view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you loved our convenient location situated right on the bay and within walking distance to the convention center, Petco Park, Seaport Village, and the downtown Gaslamp Quarter. I am also pleased to know that you were impressed with our pool overlooking the bay as well as our breakfast, especially the omelet station. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts. We look forward to your next visit.
Highland, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel is very nice , rooms are a good size and always clean, we stay here at least once a year. The location is great, you can walk to Gaslamp District or enjoy a nice stroll along the bay down to Seaport Village. Location,location,location!

• Stayed July 2012
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your recent 5 star review. I am happy to hear that you come to visit us at least once a year and that each time to stay with us you love your visit and can’t wait to return. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed you clean, spacious and comfortable guestroom and that you are thoroughly impressed with our location. Our property is situated right on the bay and just a short walk to downtown, offering our guests unparalleled views along with entertainment, nightlife, shopping, and dining to ensure a perfect and fun-filled visit. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.