Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$261
$159
Good 3.5/5
$599
Fairmont.com
Excellent 5/5
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$345
$299
$219
$183
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$176
$169
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$162
Very Good 4/5
  • Beachfront
$149
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$183
$159
Great 4.5/5
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$310
$290
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
5,254 results
All reviewspetco parkconvention centergaslamp districtpedestrian bridgevela restaurantthe fox sports grillcoronado bridgethe gas lamp districtcorner roomshort walkbay frontself parkingbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffethigh floorbaseball stadiumlarge hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton on business and had a good experience. Property is lovely, rooms well equipped & clean (would have loved a small fridge in the room). Beds super comfortable. Had no problems or delay with check in or check out. Lots of comfortable seating areas and balconies all around the hotel to enjoy the view and have a beverage or two. A reception one evening on the bay front lawn looked beautiful. Conference facilities were very well organized. Staff was efficient and hard working.

Pool was terrific and had plenty of seating. Hotel connection with bay front walking path was enjoyable. Very short walk to Gaslamp District, Seaport Village & Petco Park.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Katie E, Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy to hear how much you loved the property and that you were pleased with your spacious and comfortable guest room. I am delighted to know that you found the service quick and efficient and that you enjoyed all of the meeting space around property. I am pleased that you loved our bay side pool and that you appreciated how conveniently located the property is in close walking distance to Petco Park and the downtown Gaslamp Quarter. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just got back from 6 nights in the Hilton. Big room, comfy bed, very clean, newish hotel - no real complaints. Was woken up at 6:00 am on a Saturday by the start of a marathon across the street (not the hotel's fault, but it was bloody annoying). The pool was nice, but can get very bust on a weekend. Didn't eat in any of the restaurants, so can't comment on them. Nice to have a Starbucks on site, but it is a bit of a nuisance to get to. Great location down by the waterfront...would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TorontoGuy2

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you loved your guest room with a comfy bed and beautiful view. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our bay side pool and that you appreciated having a Starbucks on property. Thank you for your feedback and I am happy to hear that you would love to stay with us on your next trip to San Diego. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was my first visit to this Hilton property. My husband is a HH Diamond member, and has stayed at this hotel before -- on business. His recollection of this hotel was of an average convention center Hilton. We have stayed in MANY Hilton hotels over the years -- some simple, some very fancy. We just stayed at the Beverly Hilton, and had a fantastic experience. Unfortunately -- This hotel ranks as one of the worst Hiltons we have visited.

From the moment we got to this hotel, we experienced poor service after poor service. HH members are entitled to check in in a shorter, special line. Upon arrival, there were as many as 20 people waiting to check in, with no one at the HH desk. We waited fifteen minutes, when finally a junior manager came to pick up some of the slack. She was efficient, but the other clerks were as slow as molasses. Ignoring all the impatient guests, they spent their time chatting with the guests -- discussing the Chargers or commenting on the weather when they should have been checking in more guests. We were upgraded to waterfront rooms (we had two), which was nice -- but they stank of mold. Our bathroom was steamy, as if someone had just taken a hot shower in it before we arrived. The service at the restaurant, Vela was appalling. The waitress was downright inhospitable and seemed to resent how hard she had to work. She made a big deal about telling us how many hours she had had to work and how tired she was. I guess she was doing us a favor to serve us. Everywhere we went service was slow and inefficient. The hotel was crowded but extremely understaffed. The lobby attendants, who seemed charming enough, sat around, no knowing what to do. Who is minding the store at the SD Hilton? Was everyone on vacation? Clearly, the management is unfit or unprepared to run such a large Hilton property. What a shame. We will not return.

P.S. Upon check out, we really tried to discuss our experience with a HH rep (so as not to have to dump on them on TA) -- but the lines were again too long to wait!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kenya2010

Thank you for your candid feedback. I want to thank you and your husband for your loyalty as HHonors members and let you know that we truly appreciate your business. I am sincerely sorry and I am embarrassed that you and your husband had such a negative experience. I would like to discuss your stay in further depth and see what I can do to rectify these issues. Please email me directly at katie.ellison@hilton.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We checked in on Friday and that evening a call from the front desk asked us for an alternate credit card number to secure the room as a problem was detected with ours. The front desk verified our name and last 4 numbers of the card we used and I then gave them an alternate card. Several fraudelent charges to the other card later and speaking with hotel security we found a hacker has been attempting various ways to collect credit card information from their guests and the front desk did not make the call. This would have been a great fraud alert at check in. Now we are stuck sorting out our card charges and the only offer was to give us "some" of the hilton honor points we used for the room back to offset the experience. The hotel manager said, "you are not in this alone." I certainly feels this way when it is us having to view charges on the account and manage the disputed charges due to the Hilton's lax in internet privacy? The least you could do is comp us for the room and a drink. But no offer was made.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Mark704

I am sincerely sorry for your inconvenience and for dealing with this situation. I am sorry that this fraudulent situation happened while you were on property and that you were unfortunately affected by this inappropriate behavior. I spoke with our front desk managers and they informed me that they did everything in their power to resolve this situation with the least amount of inconvenience to you. Please accept my sincerest apologies and please know that we take our guest’s privacy very seriously and we do everything we can to keep all information secure and private. I am very sorry that this issue created such a stressful stay for you. I hope this will not keep you from choosing to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Driving in to the hotel could be a challenge, with railroad tracks in the middle of town. Parking will cost you an extra $27/day. You'll be rewarded with a great view of the city from your window, but I was surprised that they do not have a ref or microwave in room. There was a tiny coffee maker to make 2 cups in paper/styrofoam cups. In other words, as a squanky hotel, they expect you to pay for food anytime. Of course eating out at the Gaslamp district is the next option.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the city. The opposite view is the bridge to Coronado, which looks more like an industrial area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank soverdi

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you loved the beautiful views from your guest room. I sincerely apologize that the parking was more than you would have liked, but our parking does offer our guests security and convenience at a price which is comparable to other hotels and parking structures in the downtown area. I am sorry that you would have liked a refrigerator and microwave in your room, but we do offer guests a variety of delicious dining options on property as well as easy and convenient room service. Thank you for your review and I hope you come back for a visit again soon.