“IT WORKED FOR ME !!!”

Family Budget Inn Harrison
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Harrison
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights to visit family, and was worry free while my harley sat outside. I would stay here again because its not super expensive. I just want to rent it - - - not buy it !!! There was no alarm clock in my room, but I had a frig and microwave. : ) Mike

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed September 27, 2009

I cannot begin to boil down the dread in which I felt in preparing to go to sleep the one night we actually stayed in this hotel. We were booked for 4 nights & promptly packed our belongings & moved across town the next day. We forfeited one night's fee, but a small price to pay not to return to this frightful abode. I should have been clued in just by the looks of the exterior, that & the fact the manager asked us to pay all 4 nights up front (?). Our room smelled to high heaven of cat urine (they allow pets). Dark, rusty water came out of all faucets. The sheets were stained. There was no security chain on the door. There was no wi-fi as advertised - this was the least of our worries. And the next day, the manager asked us, 2 women traveling alone, to park on the opposite side of the parking lot - huh?! I realize this is a "budget" motel, but I would have been cleaner had I pitched a tent in the parking lot. Stay far, far away!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank gravelpit
Reviewed July 25, 2009

This was a very bad experience for my daughter and I. We checked in at around 8:00pm. When we got to the room it was very dirty. The floor was dirty. It had lots of bits of what looked like paint chips in the carpet.The sheets looked wrinkled as if someone had already slept in them. We also found hair in them. I went to the front desk to get clean sheets and towels. I changed the sheets myself only to find the 'clean' sheet were stained and had a small rip in them. The towels and washclothes were also all stained. It was disgusting. The bathroom shower had mildew on the curtain. The location is away from the hub of town so security was important to us. There was not a chain on the door for a more secure feeling for us. I would not recommend this motel to anyone! We left early the next morning to do shopping in Branson with family.
We checked out after the check out time and was charged another full day. We were registered at this motel for less than 24 hours! I understand motel policies, but there were only a couple of other people at the motel which should have been a big red flag not to stay there! It was almost empty. Ugh! Even though I had to be out the extra day charge, it was worth it NOT to stay at this motel another night.
This was not at all what it looks like on their web page. Don't be fooled!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Scarlet1970
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I needed to book two rooms for a family wedding, and judging by the reviews, I thought this was going to be a pleasant surprise for the money and I couldn't have been more wrong. Our room smelled musty and the reason was the pool of water on the floor by the balcony door.
The rooms were far from clean. Both needed vacuuming and ours had a toenail on the floor by the bed.
Our bed sheet was dirty (hair). I was totally embarrassed for selecting this motel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank OCCajun
Reviewed June 7, 2008

The Mrs and I stayed at the Family Budget 05-22 thru 05-26. We were in the area to meet up with some family, who own a cabin on Bull Shoals Lake. The motel was very convenient for getting to and from the cabin. They have a great looking pool, unfortunately had no time to use it. Hotel offers a continental breakfast, although we never tried it. Basically, we needed a place to flop at the end of a long day, and shower in the morning. Family Budget fit the bill nicely. Our room was pretty clean, had a small fridge and microwave, and COLD air conditioning. Check-in was easy, the staff friendly and helpful. Only drawback was the showerhead is really low, I'm over 6 foot tall, it was a trick to lather up the chrome dome. Not a deal breaker, by any means. Hey, this ain't the Ritz-Carlton, but at $42 a night, it ain't trying to be. I will be staying here again whenever we're in the area.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank squatster3
Reviewed May 17, 2008

I checked in and the room smelled really musty. I can only assume this is because the hotel allows you to keep pets there and hadn't cleaned this room sufficiently (room 210).
I went to the bathroom when I arrived and noticed under the sink there was a roach bait trap/motel. I was pretty disgusted, but saw no other evidence of this in the room and the other reviews of this place were pretty glowing so we stayed.
I tried accessing the WiFi in the room, but only got one bar and my computer said the strength was too low to actually use (note that I am not a computer guru, though).
After this, we went to bed. Luckily the children fell asleep early, because around 10:45-11:00 p.m. we found out how paper thin the walls were when we heard a woman moaning loudly and a headboard slamming into the wall from the next room. We were pretty disgusted. They stopped when me and my wife started talking ... I'm assuming they were able to hear through the walls to.
We were not able to go to sleep for the next three hours. Apart from uncomfortable beds, we were itchy. I can't say whether this was from dirty sheets or beds or what, but I can say we both felt like our skin was crawling.
The next day, I got up for a shower and the walls were mildewed, and the shower curtain rings were also black with mildew.
When I checked out, we canceled our reservation for the following night to learn that they hadn't reserved the room for us (even though we had called and confirmed a two night stay over the phone). Overall this was one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Army_Dude
Reviewed September 25, 2007

If you have younger children, this is a WONDERFUL place...you can sit on your balcony and watch them play on the swings or play on the grass or swim in the very clean pool or play on the mini mini golf course....

The rooms were large and clean, and if a little outdated wallpaper and art and furniture doesn't bother you, you will be completely satisfied...

The owners are really trying hard and are very pleasant and helpful...

We will be back next time we visit down there...

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple